1. The publisher newsletter template produces ____ pages of stories, graphics, and other objects.
2. What is the name given to an illustration that faces the title page?
3. What is a 'firm sale'?
4. What is a 'bookjacket' or 'dustjacket'?
5. What is a presentation stand, usually containing some 20-40 copies of a book, used for point of sale merchandising in bookstores called?
6. Choose the best definition of 'desktop publishing' from the list below.
7. What does 'ISSN' stand for and what does it mean?
8. What is the 'half-title'?
9. What is 'woodfree' paper?
10. What does 'NYP' stand for?
11. Who is the commissioning editor, also known as the acquiring editor?
12. In academic publishing, what is 'peer review'?
13. What is the difference between an adaptation and a novelization?
14. What are 'dues' (UK) or 'back orders' (US)?
15. What does 'CRC' stand for, and how is it used?
16. What does the 'furnish' of a book refer to?
17. What does the industry-wide abbreviation 'OP' mean?
18. What is a 'C format' book?
19. What does 'point of sale' mean?
20. What does 'colophon' mean?
21. What is the 'Dewey Decimal System'?
22. What is an 'imprint'?
23. What does 'ISBN' stand for and what does it mean?
24. What is the Net Book Agreement (NBA)?
25. What is a 'typeface'?
26. Choose the best description of the job of a 'proofreader' from the list below.
27. What does a 'leaf' refer to?
28. What does 'EPOS' stand for and what does it mean?
29. Which of the following best describes an 'auction' in a publishing house?
30. What does it mean when a page is said to 'bleed'?
31. What is a 'blurb'?
32. What is an 'ozalid'?
33. What is a 'scout' and how does he or she work?
34. What are book 'bar codes'?
35. Which of these cities have important book fairs every year for the publishing industry?
36. What is a 'book packager'?
37. What is the difference between an appendix and a bibliography?
38. What does it mean when a book is 'cased'?
39. What are 'permissions'?
40. What is a 'blad'?
41. What is a 'book proof' and how is it used in sales?
42. What is 'half-tone'?
43. What is 'endpaper'?
44. What does 'RRP' stand for?
45. What are 'prelims'?
46. What is the difference between 'offset printing' and 'print-on-demand'?
47. What does 'bulk' refer to?
48. What is an 'advance'?
49. What are 'topping rights'?
50. What is 'QuarkXPress'?
51. What is the 'folio'?
52. What defines a book's 'format'?
53. What does 'imposition' refer to?
54. What is 'perfect binding'?
55. What is 'search engine optimization,' a technique now used to market books online?
56. What are the 'verso' and 'recto' in a book?
57. What are 'returns'?
58. What is 'web offset' printing?
59. What is a 'wholesaler'?
60. What is a 'vanity press'?
61. What is a 'book block'?
English Test for Writers
UK English Sentence Structure
Book Writing Skills
US Academic Writing
U.S. English Basic Skills
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved