1. A _______ is a digital receiver transcriber that accesses digital dictation from another location over the phone.
2. The records of discharged patients shall be completed within a period of time that will not exceed _______ following discharge.
3. An electronically generated list of patients and their corresponding demographic information, typically used by the MT to properly identify transcribed reports is the:
4. Occulist refers to ;
5. Where does the arteria pulmonalis begin?
6. Which of the following is not used to describe a disease state/ process and a field of study
7. Which of the following is an artery?
8. Which of these documents would take priority when all are pending?
9. A(n) _______ occurs when an MT makes a professional judgment that some set of factors prohibits the clear understanding of what was dictated.
10. "He drank ______ of a gallon of water."
11. What is the correct form of typing the dictated medicament - 'paracetamol'?
12. Which of the following refers to a bone in hand?
13. What does HIPAA stand for?
14. A shortcut for inserting standard text is a:
15. Which of these would be considered a critical error?
16. Which heading is NOT commonly included in a transcription report?
17. What is omeprazole the generic equivalent of?
18. True or False? It is required that all medical transcriptionists pass a certification.
19. True or false? Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Electronic Health Record (EHR) are identical and interchangeable terms for the same object.
20. Tylenol tablet consists of which active ingredient?
21. Idiopathic and iatrogenic all mean unknown origin true or false ?
22. Which of the following is NOT considered one of the four major reports?
23. Which of the following is not a section included in a medical transcription report?
24. How many drug schedules are there under the Controlled Substances Act
25. Which of the following means "type 2 sensitivity?"
26. Which of the following is the most commonly used abbreviation for "continued"?
27. The term "stomatitis" would concern:
28. Which is the correct spelling of the correct term?
29. What is the definition of hemostasis?
30. Which of these are NOT one of the 3 essential dates in a report?
31. Which of the following is a digital ventilator setting?
32. What does the medical degree P.A. stand for?
33. What is hidradenitis suppurativa?
34. What is the correct way of typing the dictated medicament 'Zantac'?
35. Nutritional deficiency anemia refers to a reduced red blood cell count due to a poor diet
36. The prefix "Infra-" as in "infrapatellar" means:
37. Which of the following operations does the abbreviation T and A stand for ?
38. True or False: generic drug names always begin with a capital letter.
39. In a surgical dictation, what would LAVH refer to?
40. The prefix "para," as in "paratracheal," means:
41. Which term refers to a portion of the intestine?
42. What does the prefix "dextro" signify?
43. What are the initials for the health privacy act?
44. What does TASP stand for?
45. What does dextrocardia mean?
46. What is the act of swallowing called?
47. A power of attorney that permits someone to make decisions for a patient who is incompetent to do so is a(n):
48. What does BUN stand for.
49. Which of the following is NOT a common medical transcription tool?
50. Which of the following is an acute allergic skin reaction?
51. The prefix "Dia-" as in "diaphoresis" means:
52. A legal order that requires a witness to appear and to bring certain records to a deposition, trial, or other legal proceeding.
53. The medical term "basophilia" refers to:
54. Which of the following stops blood from coagulating in the body?
55. What does the medical degree D.O. stand for?
56. The definition of mucopurulent is:
57. "Oriented x3" means a patient is aware of:
58. True or false? If a dictator asks to have a date on a report modified to make it appear that it was completed in a more timely manner, the transcriptionist is expected to comply.
59. What is the full form of p.r.n.?
60. The term CVA used in the field of rehabilitation stands for:
61. Medical transcription often happens in the OR.
62. What does synovitis relate to?
63. Which of these medical word roots is associated with the spinal cord?
64. What is an instrument used to hold edges of a wound apart?
65. A patient's current medications should be listed ________ .
66. The term "cholecystectomy" would concern which organ?
67. What does the medical practitioner mean when he writes or dictates the term p.o. after a medication?
68. Which of these medical word roots is associated with the uterus?
69. Which of the following is a test to measure blood sugar?
70. What is the correct term that refers to fever?
71. What does PERRLA stand for?
72. Tetanus is also known as
73. A "nephron" is a structural and functional part of which organ?
74. Which of the following is the generic equivalent of Coumadin?
75. Choose the best answer to complete the sentence: "He was given a ______ appointment"
76. The prefix "ante," as in "antepartum," means:
77. What does synovitis relate to?:
78. The prefix _____ refers to a vein.
79. Which of the following pieces of information would be considered patient demographics?
80. True or False? An MT should flag a report if a dictation states that a prostate exam was performed on a female patient.
81. What does b.i.d. mean?
82. Otitis media is an infection of the _________ ear.
83. What does "social history" describe?
84. Which term refers to the front of the body?
85. What does the advanced medical degree N.P. stand for?
86. Which of the following is a lobe in the brain?
87. True or false? If an MT is not confident in what they heard, it is recommended to make a guess instead of leaving a blank.
88. True or False? Always use 0 in front of the decimal point if the number is not a whole number.
89. What specialty is designated OBGYN in the USA
90. Arthralgia is defined as _________.
91. True or False? It is recommended that you capitalize the first letter of a chemical symbol.
92. What is the most common meaning of the acronym EMT?
93. True or False: brand drug names always begin with a lowercase letter.
94. Which of the following is NOT included under "vitals"?
95. What does GTT stand for?
96. What does BLS means?
97. Echocardiogram is a study for?
98. What does B.I.D. dosage mean?
99. The prefix "Oculo-" would concern which organ?
100. Which of the following correctly formats a blood pressure measurement?
Spanish - English Translation
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved