Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. What is the linux mascot?
2. What will you get if you try to read from the pseudo-device /dev/null?
3. What does the following line mean when it is run in a script '#!/bin/bash'?
4. By default what file contains encrypted user passwords?
5. The at command allows you to execute a command at:
6. What does GRUB stand for?
7. The jobs command
8. To use chown recursively, instead of using _recursive you can use:
9. Which is an example of a shell comment?
10. The run level in a system can be configured in the file _____.
11. The behavior of the system for each 'runlevel' is available in the _____ file.
12. To print the first 10 lines of one or more files to the standard output, you use the command:
13. uname -a will output...
14. what makes the command cd ../../
15. With which userspace is Linux typically paired?
16. The netstat command give information on:
17. To start another shell under the current shell you use the command:
18. The loaded modules in the kernel are listed in /proc/modules. You can get this list using the command:
19. mknod can create special file (used for sending or receiving data) of type:
20. SSH stands for _____.
21. If you wanted to execute a shell command in the background, which character would you put at the end of the command line?
22. What is the ssh command?
23. What does the pwd command do?
24. what the command 'cd ..' do
25. The Linux Kernel was written by?
26. What will show you all the subdirectories of the current directory?
27. Which directory contains all the files needed to boot the Linux system?
28. What makes up a Linux kernel?
29. 'mkfs' is used to:
30. How do you activate the noclobber shell option?
31. Executing 'pwd' in shell will return:
32. Fedora Linux uses _____ packages.
33. Ubuntu is based on...
34. To query DNS (Internet domain name) servers, you use the command:
35. _____ is a Linux desktop environment'.
36. What is the right command to save file and exit in Vim?
37. Which firewall is most commonly used on Linux?
38. what the 'cd /' command do?
39. What is GNOME ?
40. What does it means when the ps commands shows a 'Z' in the status column for a process?
41. To repeat the last command in the bash shell history, type...
42. Which answer assists you in finding help on the whois command?
43. What is swap?
44. As a privileged user, you may set the hostname with the command:
46. How do you view the documentation for the command 'kill' in the Linux terminal?
47. Add this symbol to a command to run it in the background
48. On Red Hat Linux and its derivatives, which of the following commands will be appropriate to check whether a particular 'package' is installed or not?
49. To read one or more files and type them on standard output, you use:
50. What command can be used to delete a directory, recursively searching for files and other directories and deleting them?
51. /etc/resolv.conf is ...
52. To transfer files in an insecure way to and from a remote network site host, you use the command:
53. The command du -h ~
54. Which tool is similar to find except that it uses an index to search?
55. The command 'free' reports on:
56. LVM is...
57. Consider using the command 'cd /a/b/c', then executing 'cd ..'. What does this last command do?
58. To access the value of an environment variable, we _____.
59. What is a zombie process?
60. What does the Linux 'no' command do?
61. LILO is _____.
62. the '-r' switch to the mount command will:
63. How would you create an alias for the cat command?
64. Which of the following is not an editor?
65. How to reveal detailed information about CPU?
66. Which return value from an ioctl request indicates success?
67. mount -a' will load all filesystems listed in:
68. What does 'chmod 755 file' accomplish?
69. If you use the rm command to accidentally delete a file, how can you get the file back?
70. Which of the following accurately describes a 'ping?'
71. What is the maximum length of a file name on Linux?
72. printenv will:
73. If a host is called HHH, 'rstat HHH' will:
74. In a date +format, you add the hour in 24 hours format using:
75. _____ command starts the default desktop environment.
76. True or false: The Linux OS is not affected by malware.
77. When does /tmp normally get cleaned out?
78. lsof command means:
79. If DDD is a non empty directory, and you execute 'rmdir DDD', it will:
80. You want to load the main kernel module for USB support. Which command would help you achieve this task?
81. What flag makes 'ls -l' print file sizes in human readable format (e.g. 1K, 231M, 2G, etc)?
82. Why hasn't ZFS been added to the Linux kernel?
83. Is it possible to increase SWAP space without rebooting?
84. To report the amount of free disk space available on all mounted file systems you use the command:
85. command1 | command2 will?
86. what makes the command 'netstat -s'
87. What does the 'uname' command do?
88. What does the $ represent within the context of a shell command?
90. How do you redirect stderr to stdout?
91. To display contents of files on standard output, you could use the command:
92. How do you show all processes being run by a particular user?
93. 'mv -f' will:
94. To see the kernel routing tables, you do:
95. GRUB stands for _____.
96. In a ps command output, the PPID displays the:
97. modinfo [options] ofile' will:
98. Which Run Level provides 'Full multiuser mode with network and X display manager'?
99. To create one or more directories with the mkdir command, which permissions in the directory's parent directory do you need?
100. _____ is not a 'Terminal Emulator'.
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved