1. The safe harbor policy is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) policy designating 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. as a time when broadcast radio and TV stations may air indecent material without violating federal law or FCC regulations.
2. According to the Miller test, an assessment of whether the material appeals to prurient interests must be based on conclusions drawn by an average person, not a child or a particularly sensitive person.
3. The First Amendment protects against the government seizing non-obscene books owned by a person convicted of selling obscene material.
4. Showing minors in sexual situations will likely be found to be variable obscenity.
5. The First Amendment protects using swear words in the print media and movies.
6. KWAK-FM moves the Sordid-Chuckles show to 1 a.m.–5 a.m. Now, the station ______.
7. Assume the FCC adopts a definition of indecency the courts find constitutional. Then Suzy Sordid and Chucky Chuckles are hosts on a program airing from 6 a.m.–10 a.m. on KWAK-FM. Chucky often discusses sexual themes that are not quite obscene, but close. The station ______.
8. As part of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, Congress adopted a law making it illegal to transmit indecent material to minors over the internet. The Supreme Court ______.
9. Rulings by the courts and the FCC about indecent material on broadcast stations are attempts to balance ______.
10. If a film using adults as the actors contains serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value, the work ______.
11. Variable obscenity is a term for material that ______.
12. The Miller v. California obscenity definition ______.
13. Regarding obscenity, indecency, and the Internet, the U.S. Supreme Court has ______.
14. The concept that sexually oriented material not obscene for adults may be obscene if distributed to minors is known as ______ .
15. Serious social value material cannot be found obscene if it has _________ determined using national, not local/community, standards.
16. Safe harbor policy is a federal Communications Commission policy designating _______ .
17. Lustful thoughts or sexual desires are known as ______ .
18. Term describing material with hard-core sexual conduct is known as _______ .
19. Obscenity is the dictionary defines it as relating to sex in an indecent, very offensive or shocking way.
20. A narrow legal term referring to _______ for children on broadcast radio and television.
21. A rule that defines material as obscene if it tends to corrupt children is known as ______ .
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved