Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. Ad hoc balancing is making decisions according to the specific facts of the case under review rather than more general principles.
2. Define Categorical balancing :
3. A government interest of the highest order, an interest the government is required to protect is known as ______ .
4. Content based used to describe government actions prompted by the ideas, subject matter or position of the message.
5. Content neutral term is used to describe ______ actions that incidentally and unintentionally affect speech .
6. A false communication that harms another’s reputation and subjects him or her to ridicule and scorn; incorporates both libel and slander is known as _______ .
7. Designated public forum government spaces or buildings that are available for _______ .
8. Statements in a court opinion that are not central or essential to its reasoning or holding is known as ______ .
9. An interest of the government that is substantial or significant is known as ______ .
10. ______ is a court order prohibiting a person or organization from doing some specified act.
11. A standard applied by the courts to review laws that implicate but do not directly regulate core constitutional values is known as _____ .
12. Laws of general application are generally reviewed under minimum scrutiny,this statement is related to ________ .
13. Which of the correct statements about Nonpublic forum ?
14. The O'Brien test is used to determine whether a content-neutral law is constitutional.
15. Original intent is the perceived intent of the framers of the Constitution that guides some First Amendment _______ .
16. A policy that requires government approval before publication is known as ______ .
17. Public forum use by the public, usually for purposes of exercising rights of speech and assembly.
18. A motion often made in response to subpoenas for confidential information is known as ______ .
19. Rational review that assumes the constitutionality of reasonable legislative or administrative enactments and applies _______ to their review.
20. Seditious libel communication meant to incite people to change the government; criticism of the government.
21. Strict scrutiny a court test for determining the constitutionality of laws aimed at speech content .
22. Symbolic expression action that warrants some First Amendment protection because its primary purpose is to express ideas.
23. Time/place/manner laws a first amendment concept that laws regulating the conditions of speech are more acceptable than those regulating content,this statement is related to _______ .
24. A traditional public forum is ______.
25. Textualists believe that interpretation of the Constitution should be guided by ______.
26. The First Amendment ______.
27. Under the First Amendment, prior restraints by the government ______.
28. Government regulations that target the content of speech because of government disfavor with the ideas expressed are called ______.
29. The Supreme Court has ruled that the First Amendment ______.
30. When employing ad hoc balancing, judges make decisions based on ______.
31. Considering the right to speak and the right to refrain from speaking, the Supreme Court has said that ______.
32. The crime of sedition punishes ______.
33. In the 21st century, “the press” refers to ______.
34. Laws that indirectly limit the freedom of speech while achieving other important government objectives are called content-neutral time, place, and manner restrictions.
35. Prior restraints on speech are presumptively unconstitutional.
36. In Near v. Minnesota, the Supreme Court ruled that prior restraint is justified to stop media criticism of government officials.
37. In New York Times Co. v. United States, the Supreme Court said that prior restraints could be constitutional when speech poses a clear and present danger to a government interest of the highest order.
38. A public (or government) facility that is sometimes available for public use that conforms with its primary purpose is called a designated public forum.
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved