Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
17. Windows XP tracks whatever files that load during every boot and application launches, and the operating system uses that information to prefetch files into RAM. These prefetch data are parsed into a file name _________ located in the Windows\Prefetch folder on the boot drive. Every three days, a limited defragmentation operation automatically occurs in the background during idle for only those files in that file to further speed up the computer’s file access.
35. Microsoft makes available a tool called the ..... for checking computers with a Windows operating system. This tool helps remove infections left by third-party software installed on the computer and displays a report describing the outcome in a log file named mrt.log in the %WINDIR%\debug folder.
46. The left side of the Start menu contains two parts, separated by a thin horizontal line. The Windows XP term for manually inserting a shortcut to one of your chosen applications into the top part of the left side (by using the right-context menu of the application in Windows Explorer) is called:
49. Windows XP has several command-line utility tools for troubleshooting the computer. Suppose that your computer seems to have a problem with connecting to the internet. Before reporting your connectivity problems to your ISP, which tool could you use to display the current TCP/IP network configuration values and to refresh the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS) settings ?
56. A set of instructions that tells Windows XP which devices to start when you boot your computer, or which settings to use for each device, is called a .... . Several different sets can be created and are especially useful if you have a laptop computer because you can have the computer preset when the computer is operating at different physical locations.