1. The Service Access Facility enables you to set up ttymon and listen port monitors by using:
2. To determine whether a system has 32 bit or 64–bit capabilities enabled on x86 based systems, you use:
3. To list all users of each mounted UFS file system and the number of 1024-byte blocks used, you employ:
4. To schedule single (one-time) system tasks, you use the following facility:
5. What does command ps print without option?
6. After the cron daemon executes an at job, the at job’s file:
7. To display information about how disk space is used, the following is employed:
8. Which of the following commands will output all the interfaces to a system?
9. You can change the locales on your system without reinstalling the OS or manually adding and removing packages, using the command:
10. The equivalent of using the following three commands: smpatch analyze, smpatch download, and smpatch add, is to use the command:
11. Which of the following Solaris 10 commands can be used to create a permanent alias?
12. Which is not a tunable parameter in Solaris?
13. If you want to get a list of all software packages installed on the system you use:
14. To verify that a printer's banner page is optional on printer printer-name, you should look for the output line 'Banner not required' in response to:
15. In order to use the 'smpatch add' command, your system should be in:
16. Instead of using the pprosetup and pprosvc commands, it is better to use the command:
17. When applying patches with Patch Manager, you
18. For a service called SSS, to inspect its properties you do:
19. Which of the following Solaris 10 commands can be used to create an alias temporarily?
20. Which of the following is not a function of the harness (VTSK) in VTS' agent layer?
21. On a SPARC system, if you want to create a crash (core) dump, you do:
22. Which of the following Solaris 10 command will list all open TCP connections?
23. By default, the package keystore of a signed packages that is used with pkgadd and patchadd, is stored at:
24. To install a package non-interactively, by default you can set an response file to the 'pkgadd -a' command in:
25. On an inittab File the line starts with 'p3:', if the third field is 'respawn' it means that:
26. To set the hard and soft limits on the number of inodes and the amount of disk space for each user, you use:
27. Which of the following is an INVALID control for password management in Solaris 10
28. Which of the following shell is a superset of the Bourne shell with C shell-likeenhancements and additional feature?
29. To remove a software package you use the command:
30. If you are at the PROM level (you pressed stop-A and got to the ok prompt), and you want to get to run level 3 (without a reboot), you use the command:
31. Which of the following is TRUE about ROOT USER?
32. If you want to view information on the certificate you have stored in the package keystore, you use the command:
33. What is the outpout of svcs command?
34. Which of the followiing commands can be used to change the priority of a process?
35. If users want to perform drag-and-drop operations, what must be true about the source and target label?
36. Which of the folllwing files contain user passwords?
37. How do you list all of the zones that are configured on a system?
38. Because the command, “mpathadm modify” is only effective while the system is running, what must be updated to retain changes that are made after a shutdown?
39. If you are at the PROM level (you pressed stop-A and got to the ok prompt), and you want to check the revision number, you use the command:
40. What must happen before logging into the system?
41. To check the status of active processes on a system, you use:
42. Where are the details displayed by the ls -l command stored?
43. Which of the following directories contain kernel?
44. What is Oracle VTS?
45. What does system mount option (Solaris 10) nodevices signify?
46. Which of the following command will delete the password for user 'test' and prompt for a new password on login?
47. To display the total number of blocks that are contained in a directory, you use:
48. Once you installed a software package, you can check if the installation is correct with:
49. What system resource call specifies the total number of files that can be assigned by the open(2) system call?
50. Which of the following is a user profile for a user with Bourne shell as a default shell?
51. Crash dump files are created in the directory:
52. If the repository of the SMF (Service Management Facility) has become corrupted, you can stop the svc.configd daemon with:
53. Which of the following is TRUE for files /etc/hosts.equiv and $HOME/.rhosts?
54. What directories are included in the root path?
55. To remove a crontab file, you use the command:
56. How can you get the WWN info about the HBA ports in a system under Solaris 10?
57. To remove entire temporary directories, you cd to the temp directories, then use the following command:
58. On a newly installed Solaris system, the script /sbin/rc4 performs the following actions contained in the scripts in /etc/rc4.d:
59. The tnd daemon pulls tnrhdb and tnrhtp information from the LDAP directory and local files. What governs the order that they are loaded?
60. If '-1 < N < 7', Scripts in /etc/rcN.d are executed in:
61. Which of the following is a default shell for root user?
62. If you are at the PROM level (you pressed stop-A and got to the ok prompt), and you want to start the system from the Solaris DVD-ROM disk, you use the command:
63. If you need to shut down Solaris in 30 seconds for an installation, what is the command?
64. Which of the following command can be used to stop a running service?
65. When tuning Solaris, does one system's /etc/system settings govern another systems environment?
66. To create a soft partition, what parameters are needed with the metainit command?
67. To apply patches to a machine, you use:
68. You have been assigned the task of interpreting VTS probe errors. Where do you find them?
69. If an adjustment in the /etc/system file has rendered your system unbootable, what command would you use to recover?
70. When setting up a volume in VTS, what data storage scheme does VTS use?
71. Which of the following Solaris 10 command scan for new devices?
72. Which of the following is TRUE about following command and the option: useradd -u 800 -g TEST
73. What is the name of the daemon that handles FTP transfers?
74. To set up a terminal, you use:
75. Though the traditional UNIX crypt algorithm is insufficient for current systems, why is it still utilized?
76. When exporting a ZFS storage pool, what effect does the “zpool export tank” command have, and what can be done in the event of a failure?
77. To list the total number of physical processors on a system, you use:
78. What is location that your project database definition would be stored?
79. If you add a user to a group while they are already logged on, what do they have to do in order to be able to access files owned by that group?
80. What is the default difference between run levels 2 and 3?
81. The International Organization for Standardization designed the OSI Reference Model that uses structured layers. What does the acronym OSI mean?
82. To automatically execute system tasks, you use:
83. Which of the following command can be used to see the detailed boot sequence?
84. Which of the following command can be used to add new user accounts to the local system?
85. Do you have to be a super user to install a device to your Solaris system?
86. Which of the following Solaris 10 command will list all configurable hardware in the system?
87. Solaris is what kind of operating system?
88. The '-g' switch to the shutdown command is followed by:
89. To display a system’s Host ID number you use:
90. Which of the following is NOT a valid output for command : echo $SHELL
91. If you are on a stand alone system, and you want to bring it to single user mode, you execute:
92. Which of the following commands can be used to capture network packets?
93. Which of the following field in /etc/passwd represents user primary group?
94. To display the size of one or more directories, subdirectories, and files, you use:
95. Which of the following command will output the default shell for the current user ?
96. To view the system's Solaris Release Information you:
97. What is the difference between RAID-0 (Concatenation), and RAID-0 (Stripe) Volumes?
98. Which manages all the physical resources of the computer?
99. What is a UNIX File System (UFS) ACL, and what does it do?
100. What command is used to configure Solaris' multipathing support?
Red Hat Linux
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved