Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. When using the ls command to display size of files, you display file sizes and directory sizes in Kbytes, Mbytes, Gbytes, or Tbytes (when the file or directory size is larger than 1024 bytes) using:
2. What command would you use to restart the SSH server daemon on Solaris 10 using the Service Management Framework (SMF)?
3. Which of the following commands can be used for remote copying?
4. What will auditing tell you about a Solaris system's security?
5. What is an example of an encrypted authentication service within Solaris?
6. Under the Solaris Operating System, are double-quotes, left single-quotes and right single-quotes interchangable?
7. To verify that a certificate was not altered en route, you use the fingerprint (digest):
8. You can use Patch Manager to perform the following on your system:
9. Which command allows you to update your current password?
10. Solaris 10 OS stores user account and group entry information in the which of following system files?
11. Which of the following act as an interface between the user and the kernel?
12. What is the difference between ARC and L2ARC?
13. pkgadm can display the following certificate type:
14. What is a good simple rule to enforce with new users within the Trusted Extension System?
15. To find only those files larger than 400 blocks in the current working directory, you use:
16. Within the Solaris Operating System, what is the first line of defense to protect the file system?
17. What are the benefits of NFS?
18. Within the Solaris Operating System, what are authentication services used for?
19. The following crontab file (besides root) is stored in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs directory:
20. To add a new attached printer you use:
21. You need to prevent the new staff from performing “console aborts”. How do you do this?
22. In the context of Solaris, what are SAN devices?
23. Which of the following commands can be used to ping a host?
24. For managing terminals and modems, you use:
25. Is it possible to log in via serial port?
26. What is ZFS?
27. What is an example of a protocol used on Solaris' network layer?
28. Which of the following is TRUE about /bin/ksh ?
29. Which of the following are main components of SunOS operating system?
30. What can be called discrete rights to processes that perform operations?
31. How to check filesystem damage?
32. When installing a non-hot-pluggable device, what must you do before installation?
33. What is the outpout of svcs -d name_of_service command?
34. You suspect an unauthorized use of the “su” command. Where do you look and what would it tell you?
35. What command is used to configure Solaris' multipathing support?
36. What is a UNIX File System (UFS) ACL, and what does it do?
37. Which manages all the physical resources of the computer?
38. What is the difference between RAID-0 (Concatenation), and RAID-0 (Stripe) Volumes?
39. To view the system's Solaris Release Information you:
40. Which of the following command will output the default shell for the current user ?
41. To display the size of one or more directories, subdirectories, and files, you use:
42. Which of the following field in /etc/passwd represents user primary group?
43. Which of the following commands can be used to capture network packets?
44. If you are on a stand alone system, and you want to bring it to single user mode, you execute:
45. Which of the following is NOT a valid output for command : echo $SHELL
46. To display a system’s Host ID number you use:
47. The '-g' switch to the shutdown command is followed by:
48. Solaris is what kind of operating system?
49. Which of the following Solaris 10 command will list all configurable hardware in the system?
50. Do you have to be a super user to install a device to your Solaris system?
51. Which of the following command can be used to add new user accounts to the local system?
52. Which of the following command can be used to see the detailed boot sequence?
53. To automatically execute system tasks, you use:
54. The International Organization for Standardization designed the OSI Reference Model that uses structured layers. What does the acronym OSI mean?
55. What is the default difference between run levels 2 and 3?
56. If you add a user to a group while they are already logged on, what do they have to do in order to be able to access files owned by that group?
57. What is location that your project database definition would be stored?
58. To list the total number of physical processors on a system, you use:
59. When exporting a ZFS storage pool, what effect does the “zpool export tank” command have, and what can be done in the event of a failure?
60. Though the traditional UNIX crypt algorithm is insufficient for current systems, why is it still utilized?
61. To set up a terminal, you use:
62. What is the name of the daemon that handles FTP transfers?
63. Which of the following is TRUE about following command and the option: useradd -u 800 -g TEST
64. Which of the following Solaris 10 command scan for new devices?
65. When setting up a volume in VTS, what data storage scheme does VTS use?
66. If an adjustment in the /etc/system file has rendered your system unbootable, what command would you use to recover?
67. You have been assigned the task of interpreting VTS probe errors. Where do you find them?
68. To apply patches to a machine, you use:
69. To create a soft partition, what parameters are needed with the metainit command?
70. When tuning Solaris, does one system's /etc/system settings govern another systems environment?
71. Which of the following command can be used to stop a running service?
72. If you need to shut down Solaris in 30 seconds for an installation, what is the command?
73. If you are at the PROM level (you pressed stop-A and got to the ok prompt), and you want to start the system from the Solaris DVD-ROM disk, you use the command:
74. Which of the following is a default shell for root user?
75. If '-1 < N < 7', Scripts in /etc/rcN.d are executed in:
76. The tnd daemon pulls tnrhdb and tnrhtp information from the LDAP directory and local files. What governs the order that they are loaded?
77. On a newly installed Solaris system, the script /sbin/rc4 performs the following actions contained in the scripts in /etc/rc4.d:
78. To remove entire temporary directories, you cd to the temp directories, then use the following command:
79. How can you get the WWN info about the HBA ports in a system under Solaris 10?
80. To remove a crontab file, you use the command:
81. What directories are included in the root path?
82. Which of the following is TRUE for files /etc/hosts.equiv and $HOME/.rhosts?
83. If the repository of the SMF (Service Management Facility) has become corrupted, you can stop the svc.configd daemon with:
84. Crash dump files are created in the directory:
85. Which of the following is a user profile for a user with Bourne shell as a default shell?
86. What system resource call specifies the total number of files that can be assigned by the open(2) system call?
87. Once you installed a software package, you can check if the installation is correct with:
88. To display the total number of blocks that are contained in a directory, you use:
89. Which of the following command will delete the password for user 'test' and prompt for a new password on login?
90. What does system mount option (Solaris 10) nodevices signify?
91. What is Oracle VTS?
92. Which of the following directories contain kernel?
93. Where are the details displayed by the ls -l command stored?
94. To check the status of active processes on a system, you use:
95. What must happen before logging into the system?
96. If you are at the PROM level (you pressed stop-A and got to the ok prompt), and you want to check the revision number, you use the command:
97. Because the command, “mpathadm modify” is only effective while the system is running, what must be updated to retain changes that are made after a shutdown?
98. How do you list all of the zones that are configured on a system?
99. Which of the folllwing files contain user passwords?
100. If users want to perform drag-and-drop operations, what must be true about the source and target label?
Red Hat Linux
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved