1. Boris postponed the meeting for nancy and __________.
2. Choose the correct answer to complete each sentence. maana yo ___ al museo de arte.
3. In a _____ essay, all supporting details clearly relate to the thesis.
4. I hosted a birthday party last sunday and the guests ______ havoc on my house!
5. Adverb clauses modify __________.
6. A squinting modifier __________.
7. The classic definition of a short story is _____.
8. The body of a composition _____.
9. When separating items in series, a comma must __________.
10. Colons are not used to introduce __________.
11. "The barking dog bared its teeth." In the sentence above, "barking" is a:
12. In the following sentence, what term properly describes the phrase "an English Terrier with white fur"?" The dog, an English Terrier with white fur, chased after the cat."
13. Verbs are typically classified into three moods. What are they?
14. Which is the best example of a "bare infinitive verb"?
15. "Each of these extremes are tempered by their opposites." The sentence above contains an error in
16. Which is the reflexive pronoun?
17. Select the relative pronoun in this sentence: He has done well for her, which gives me pleasure.
18. Select the sentence containing an intransitive verb.
19. True or false? In general, when an independent clause in a simple complex sentence precedes a dependent clause, the two are separated by a comma. Alexis is very bored, because she hates my lesson plan.
20. Select the sentence containing a transitive verb.
21. "Resting on its bed, the cat was peaceful." The phrase "resting on its bed":
22. Identify the subordinate conjunction in the sentence "Nobody even questioned it when a baboon was seen in the garden."
23. Some stores reserve a checkout lane for people with 10 or _______ items.
24. Choose the sentence with the correct punctuation.
25. Which of the following phrases is written CORRECTLY?
26. Adjectives have three degrees of comparison. List them.
27. Everything is permitted in our secret club. In this sentence, "everything" is an example of a[n] _________.
28. Which is an example of a Split Infinitive?
29. Which part of the following sentence is the predicate? "The fluffy cat jumped on the chair with graceful agility."
30. Identify the gerund in the sentence below. "Driving to the store without my glasses is always a bad idea."
31. "Juniper brought me a cheese croissant instead of a chocolate one." What is the direct object?
32. We were surprised ___ the certainty ___ which he spoke.
33. It is unreasonable to regard any language ___ the possession of a particular nation.
34. There are many kinds of pronouns in English. Which is an example of a Third Person Singular pronoun?
35. which word is spelled correctly?
36. _____ peaches are classified as freestone or clingstone depends on how difficult it is to remove the pit.
37. Select the infinitive.
38. Deciding whether to first take a shower, brush her teeth, or walking the dog is always hard for Jane.
39. Identify the adverb: Broken baskets nearly ruptured my internal organs.
40. The car went slower and slower until it stopped........
41. Which of the following is an example of an Imperative Sentence?
42. What sentence uses the passive form?
43. Which of the following is an irregular verb?
44. Now he is no longer as indifferent ___ criticism as he used to be.
45. In which sentence is a semicolon used appropriately?
46. If she ___________ about his financial situation, she would have helped him out.
47. What is an adjective?
48. Given the example, "Peter's dog jumped over the fence." What is "the dog" in this sentence?
49. I inferred ______ her letter that she hadn't enjoyed her holiday
50. Select the irregular comparatives and superlatives.
51. How would you fix the following sentence? The boy and the girl go on a date.
52. ______________ of us is responsible.
53. There are many kinds of pronouns in English. Which is an example of a First Person Plural pronoun?
54. Which of the following words contains a Suffix?
55. In this sentence, "Peter's dog jumped over the fence.", what part of speech is the word "over"?
56. The sun ______ at 9 last night.
57. He is stronger than she is.
58. Running and swimming are what?
59. He found she was particularly good ___ attending ___ the correspondence.
60. Select the verb in the past participle of "pass":
61. Which of the following words contains a Prefix?
62. Which of the options is a preposition?
63. Which of the options represents a Plural Possesive?
64. Which of the options is a Proper Noun?
65. Complete the question tag: They worked for Kaufman's, ________
66. In formal writing (and correct speech), how would you correct the following sentence? There is 24 hours in a day.
67. In this sentence, "Peter's dog jumped over the fence.", what kind of word is "the"?
68. Which sentence is punctuated properly?
69. There are many kinds of pronouns in English. Which is an example of a First Person Singular pronoun?
70. Which sentence uses whom correctly?
71. "Jane and ___ had so much fun at the party last night! I wish you had been there to dance with Jane and ___."
72. Identify the adverb: I must finish the test as quickly as I can.
73. Identify the subject in the following sentence. Into the classroom ran the dog.
74. Which of the following words is NOT an adverb?
75. Which of these sentences is grammatically correct?
76. There are many kinds of pronouns in English. Which is an example of a Second Person Singular pronoun?
77. Which is an example of an interrogative statement?
78. What is the past participle of drink?
79. Correct this sentence: "The mans yellow car rolled into the street."
80. I'll ______________ their cat while they are away on vacation.
81. Fill in the blank with the correct word. Is there _________ money left in the drawer?
82. Which of the following demonstrates the imperative?
83. Which of the following is the root word for the Superlative "Happiest"?
84. Which of the following are articles?
85. The sport of hang gliding......by the Federal Aviation Administration.
86. Identify the adverb of degree in the sentence below. "It is extremely cold today," said Mary.
87. Keynes argued that to avoid an economic depression, the government _________ spending.
88. Choose the option with correct spelling and grammar.
89. Select the list of singular personal pronouns.
90. There are many kinds of pronouns in English. Which is an example of a Third Person Plural pronoun?
91. Supply the following statements with a suitable question tag. They went swimming,--------------
92. What is a proper noun?
93. Which of the options is a Compound Word?
94. How many members are there in your family?
95. _____ going out to the movies, and it's _____ where they will meet up with _____ friends.
96. Which of the following connotes an ongoing action?
97. In November of 1863, Atlanta _______ during Sherman's famous "March to the Sea."
98. Which of the options represents a Possesive?
99. Which of the options is an adverb?
100. Choose the most suitable word for the sentence; By 1907, the company had _____ enormously and had studios in France, Britain, Germany, Italy, Spain and the USA.
English Sentence Structure
English Spelling and Grammar
English Vocabulary UK
English for Business
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved