1. Which form the core of a bibliographic entry specifically for a journal article?
2. Which one forms the core of a bibliographic entry, whether for a book or a journal article?
3. Which one is the best definition of plagiarism in an academic context?
4. What is self-plagiarism?
5. What kind of academic paper is the 'literature review'?
6. What are paragraph transitions?
7. A writer's approach to an academic paper should generally be ________________ in nature.
8. Are there circumstances in which the phrase 'But I didn't know I was plagiarizing' is an acceptable excuse?
9. How should quotations longer than three lines generally be laid out within the body of an academic paper?
10. What is open-access publishing?
11. Which group correctly lists the forms of academic writing?
12. Which terms means 'to combine pre-stated arguments or statements into one'?
13. What is the term for the sentence (or sentences) in a standard academic paper that describes the central proposition to be put forward and proved in the paper?
14. What is the difference between paraphrasing and summarizing?
15. What does the term 'rhetoric' mean?
16. Why is knowing one's audience of great importance when writing an academic article?
17. What is the difference between a works cited page and a bibliography?
18. Which one is NOT an online blog or website where one's academic writing could be displayed and commented upon?
19. Which is/are clear benefits of transferring an academic journal online?
20. Which expressions should not be used in academic writing?
21. The topic sentence is always placed as the first sentence in a paragraph.
22. What is the reason for citing academic sources in a bibliography?
23. Which are useful online resources or techniques a writer could use to showcase his or her own academic writing?
24. Which techniques will increase the readership of an academic article no matter where the writer displays it online?
25. What is the Columbia style of citation used for?
26. The citation style known as APA, which stands for _____________, is generally used for ______________.
27. Which statement regarding translation is NOT true?
28. What is the difference between a book report and an abstract?
29. Which sentence would be best suited to academic writing?
30. What is an annotated bibliography?
31. What is brainstorming and when would an academic writer be most likely to use it?
32. If a bibliography is very long, is it an acceptable common practice to organize it into sections?
33. What is a comma splice?
34. Which features is/are not desirable in academic writing?
35. In which field is the Bluebook style of citation used?
36. Which literary device or language conventions is the only one to be used in academic writing?
37. What is a premise in an argumentative paper?
38. How would a writer format a quotation in an academic paper if he wanted to delete some words from the middle of the quotation?
39. Which element is NOT dictated by the American Sociological Association style of citation?
40. What is a topic sentence?
41. Which style of citation is used for publications and academic essays in the arts and humanities?
42. Which one is not a citation style for academic writing?
43. How are works arranged in a bibliography?
44. The term 'bibliography' comes from the Greek and literally means which of the following?
45. Which one is not a technical or administrative form of academic writing?
46. What does ISSN (the journal equivalent of ISBN) stand for?
47. What is peer review?
48. Which style of citation is used for technical topics, especially those related to computer science?
49. Which element is NOT dictated by the MLA style of citation?
50. The tone of academic writing should generally be ______________ in nature.
51. Which statement regarding abstracts is NOT true?
52. Which publication is NOT a known literary review?
53. Which are features of cohesive writing?
54. What is a hanging paragraph?
55. What is an oxymoron, a word that is used in academia in a number of humanities and interdisciplinary subjects?
56. What does the phrase 'never bury the lead' mean in the world of online writing?
57. What are moral rights?
58. Which are features of academic writing?
59. At which level, academic pieces of writing should be cohesive?
60. Which one is the correct name for a citation style that would be appropriate to use in a research paper in chemistry?
U.S. English Basic Skills
Web Content Writing
Creative Writing - Fiction UK
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved