Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. We simply cannot decide whether to trade _____ our car for a new model or, as our neighbors suggested, trade it _____ their houseboat.
2. Which similar word refers to a strong criticism?
3. Which option best defines the word 'friendly'?
4. Which word means 'difficult to comprehend'?
5. Pauline will ..... arrive late so she can make a grand entrance.
6. Which word is most commonly used as a verb meaning 'to produce a change in'?
7. Which similar word is more commonly associated with secretly working together to plot a misdeed?
8. The word '____________' refers to feeling satisfied with one's life and not feeling the need to take any action for its betterment. whereas the word means to be easygoing and eager to please.
9. Which word means 'to excite, arouse, or offend'?
10. The word '____________' refers to an agreement made between two or more parties, whereas the word '____________' refers to conformity, as to someone
11. Which similar word refers to something that is lush and grows abundantly?
12. Of the following similar words, which implies a movement?
13. Which sentence uses the word 'impact' and/or its variations correctly?
14. Of the similar words below, the word '.... ' is most commonly used to express a formal request.
15. Which word means 'to inform or notify'?
16. Which word means 'impartial; not holding any major stake'?
17. Josh is completely enamored ______ that puppy!
18. Which word is often associated with money?
19. Sophia managed to ... Igor's crude advances; in a huff, the .... little man .... down the castle wall and scooted off into the underbrush.
20. Which similar prefix generally means 'half'?
21. You may differ _____ me, but I think this golf course differs _____ our usual course.
22. Which word would be most appropriate when referring to a vessel's ability to hold or contain something?
23. Which similar word is more commonly associated with a physical reliance on something?
24. Which word is a verb meaning 'to draw out or bring forth'?
25. Correct meaning of the verb 'condole.'
26. Option that correctly matches the following similar words to their meanings.
27. Correct meaning of the adjective 'noisome.'
28. The word '....' means to convey an additional, nuanced meaning of a word, whereas the word '........' specifies the literal meaning of a word or phrase.
29. Which words means 'once every two years'?
30. Which similar word expresses a stronger sense of duty?
31. Which option best defines the word 'anxious'?
32. The preferred form for directional words in American English is ......
33. Which similar word is used to describe one's negative feelings and antipathy for something?
34. Which similar word expresses a sense of tediousness?
35. Which word refers to a state of immobility
36. When referring to two distinct things, which word means 'the second of the two'?
37. Which similar word refers to something that is well-known or momentous in history?
38. Which similar word generally has a negative connotation?
39. Complete the following three sentences by choosing the correct sequence of words from the options below.
40. The word '.....' refers to something that is immoral, improper, or incorrect, whereas the word '.....' refers to something that is unjust, unfair, or unsanctioned by law.
41. Which word is a verb meaning 'to change'?
42. Due to Alistair's .... nature, our weekend at his home wasn't as .... as we had hoped
43. Which of the following words means 'separate, unconnected, or distinct'?
44. Which similar word is used to refer to a perennial disease of a region or population?
45. Which list from the options below best represents these words from least negative to most negative?
46. ...., I have enclosed our sales brochure and product information pamphlets.
47. The only way Amy will be allowed to stay in that apartment is if she promises not to infringe _____ the house rules ever again.
48. My supervisor cannot abide .... anyone who comes in late or who doesn't abide ... his rules.
49. Which statement is CORRECT?
50. Martha has a real .... for writing ballads and odes.
51. The article 'an' is normally used before all of the following words except .....
52. The CEO's decision to step down is based ... his need to take care of personal matters.
53. Winning the lottery would mean the world to .....
54. Abigail had just reached the .... scene of the play when the theater suddenly went dark.
55. Not only was Marlon's handwriting practically _____________, but the story was so dull and convoluted that I also found it ____________.
56. The herd of gazelles successfully .... the wild cheetahs.
57. Walter wears his ... clothes ..., but saves his tuxedo for special occasions.
58. I must warn you that Mr. Gladstone lost all of my money in bad investments, so I'd be ... of his financial advice if I were you.
59. A sunny day at the beach is certainly preferable ______ a rainy day in town.
60. Harold buried his ... change in a shoebox so he wouldn't .... it.
61. Agatha and her daughter argue _____ the neighbors constantly, but none of them seems to realize how silly it is to argue _____ whose grass is greener.
62. Fred is always willing to help out, and that's something you can bank ____________.
63. The astrologer advised Josephine to wear a five-.... ruby set in 24-.... gold.
64. Annabelle told no one, but her long-time .... , of her intention to join the circus.
65. My parrot _____________ have won the talent contest if I had entered him in time.
66. The chef has decided that his lobster bisque will be accompanied ______ a puff pastry for dipping.
67. Copyright is available not just for published works but also for works in private use that have not or may never be published.
68. Which word is used to describe one's negative feelings and antipathy for something?
69. Vincent's mastery _____ painting has put him in a league of his own at the conservatory.
70. Martin couldn't tell if Maude was shivering _____ the cold or shivering _____ the thought of walking home alone through the cemetery.
71. We've noticed that the new horse has a predilection ______ jumping over bales of hay.
72. Griffin swore up and down that his comment had been meant ____ a compliment.
73. By carefully studying the clues, the detective ... that the minister's son was the culprit.
74. Horace knew he'd walked into a .... trap when he opened the door to nothing but a ... silence.
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved