Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. Creating an outline is a good way to organize your ideas and research. True or false?
2. Which is grammatically correct?
3. What information is commonly included in an article's byline?
4. When writing articles, generally from what person perspective should the article be written?
5. What is the difference between 'further' and 'farther'?
6. e.g. means ______ and i.e. means ________.
7. choose the correct statement:
8. Which is true about conducting online research for your article?
9. If the publisher's guidelines limit you to 500 words, you should:
10. In journalism, a 'source' is:
11. What type of article focuses on people and their achievements?
12. Which sentence is correct?
13. Which one is the long part of an article?
14. Which is true when it comes to writing articles on common topics?
15. You can quote “real people” as well as experts.
16. How are most articles structured?
17. How can you bring life to your writing?
18. As the article writer, it's not really your job to edit or proofread. True or False?
19. A news article is meant to convey facts, so your writing should be:
20. Which is biggest negative to have in an article?
21. Which one is the format of MS word document?
22. Before interviewing someone for an article, prepare a list of questions but don't be afraid to simply 'go with the flow' of the conversation. True or False?
23. Articles should be ____________.
24. The words 'and' and 'but' are examples of what?
25. Which is the correct use of 'whom'?
26. Which uses the proper form of 'you're' and 'your'?
27. When writing articles, before you begin you need to know your audience ?
28. How can you strengthen your writing?
29. What’s the best long-term strategy to improve your writing?
30. Plagiarism occurs when you:
31. I' is ___________ person
32. Before submitting an article for a particular publication, you should first check the publisher’s style guide. True or false?
33. How long should an article length be?
34. How can you tighten your articles?
35. If you’re considering adding humor to your article, always remember:
36. Which is the correct meaning of the word 'censor'?
37. Which is a benefit of including a story in your article?
38. You can never know who’s actually going to read your article, so you shouldn’t focus greatly on your audience when writing.
39. What is the most neutral way to end a quotation?
40. What's the best way to handle verb tense within a paragraph?
41. The classic 'inverted pyramid' approach to writing a news article means what?
42. If after completing an article, you still haven't met the word count, what is the best thing to do?
43. Which is the proper use of 'affect' and 'effect'?
44. Why is a newspaper more likely to be sued for libel than for slander?
45. Which options is correct?
46. How does a quote differ from an attribution?
47. An article that's intended to convince a reader to believe in your conclusion can be called what?
48. Select the correct sentence.
49. The continuation of a story from one page to another is called a:
50. Which is advantage of the 'inverted pyramid' style?
51. Which should you strictly limit?
52. Which is the correct use of 'whose'?
53. Which is the proper use of the hyphen?
54. How can you use an inarticulate quote that contains good information?
55. What is 'the gutter'?
56. After the first use, how do you refer to a source?
57. What is a 'pull quote'?
58. Which sources would be considered the LEAST credible by current academic standards?
59. Once you've selected a topic for your article, it's important that you:
60. Which statement is in passive voice?
61. Where should the most important part of a news story be?
62. What is a “nut graph”?
63. Which does NOT make for a good lead?
64. What voice is commonly used in general-interest articles?
65. The particular way in which a writer has approached a topic is known as what?
66. When writing an article, what must you NEVER do?
67. When a story 'jumps,' that means it:
68. What is a deck?
69. What do you NOT normally do when querying an editor?
70. Which word is spelled incorrectly?
71. When would you use Roman numerals?
72. If a paper is 'put to bed,' it means:
73. When should you use an ellipse?
74. Which is an example of a features article?
75. Which of the following is the defining characteristic of a 'feature' story?
76. A sidebar story:
77. When would you spell out the name of a nation's state or province?
78. News stories have to be written in a chronological order
79. Which is the correct use of a semicolon?
80. A features article differs from a news article in what way?
81. What's a byline?
82. What's a query?
83. Which is WRONG about a narrative lead
84. A newspaper's physical archive is sometimes called a:
85. A lead that uses a quote, anecdote or other literary device to attract the reader is called a(n):
86. Which review feature in MS Word allows you to view or hide formatting changes or comments made by the editor
87. A magazine-length article that paints a picture of a particular place and the people who work or live there is called what?
88. Which is CORRECT about a nut graph
89. What are the explanations under photos called in an article?
90. What will happen if you type the words sport -basketball in the Google search box?
91. What changes you should incorporate in your writing style—when writing about the university application process—if you're writing for student applicants and not for their parents?
92. What is a 'CEOBlog'?
93. Which is the correct order for finding your target audience and selling goods or services to it?
94. What can you do to make your articles more appealing to online readers?
95. If you're writing an article about the automotive industry, which of the following would be the best way of promoting your article?
96. If your website sells golf equipment, your promotional articles should be written about _________ .
97. What does 'SEO' stand for?
98. What is an 'open thread'?
99. What does the term 'spomment' refer to in the blogosphere?
100. What is 'blogosphere'?
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved