Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. Doctor Graham and his partners just published a paper entitled 'Brand New You___Discovering Your True Talents Through Hypnotherapy.'
2. One of Shakespeare's greatest comedies(A) Much Ado About Nothing(B) features the wonderful witty war between Beatrice and Benedick.
3. Indicate the punctuation needed in the blank spaces in the following sentence. i don't know where the brakes are hollered my sister as she zoomed past me in the dune buggy
4. Which sentence correctly uses hyphens and/or dashes?
5. Which sentence uses commas correctly?
6. How many times has she attempted to recreate Van Gogh's painting ..... ?
7. We sat down to a delicious lunch at the crowded(A) open-air(B) restaurant.
8. Complete the following sentence by selecting the option that makes correct use of the mechanics of writing. How many years before Lincoln's ______________ was the ________________ signed?
9. Complete the following sentence by selecting the option that correctly uses double and/or single quotation marks. Has Albert finished reading that article _____________
10. Which sentence is correctly punctuated?
11. He lived for years on the West Coast but now resides in Washington, D.C._____
12. Our neighbors(A) are both helpful(B) to us when we need them(C) and genuinely friendly.
13. This pearl and emerald ring used to be my .... .
14. Complete the following sentence by selecting the option that correctly uses double and/or single quotation marks. Whenever I started to whine that life was unfair, my father would say, ____________________
15. This term paper is due tomorrow and I haven't even started yet___
16. Which sentence correctly uses parentheses and/or brackets?
17. Many students have failed that professor's exams___ the most common reason is that students can't stay awake through all those boring lectures.
18. The daisies were yellow(A) a color Daphne detested(B) and refused to accept.
19. The manager asked if he could take an extra day off for the holiday___
20. The solemn ceremony turned out to be a comedy of errors___ to begin with, the photographer slipped on spilled champagne and fell into the cake.
21. The biography I'm reading now says(A) that Marie Antoinette was(B) a marionette(c) whose strings were mainly pulled by her powerful mother
22. That bad___tempered trade show organizer just demanded that we be at the center before eight o'clock to set___up our booth.
23. Alison wondered, Alison wondered, 'Will the lemur bite me___ ___
24. The so___called forensics expert offered biased testimony___testimony that may have cost the prosecution the trial.
25. Why is the .... locker room so much bigger than the .... locker room?
26. I hope the crops take root and prosper this year(A) or else we'll be facing a hard winter(B) after the harvest.
27. The .... gathered the White House staff and delivered the terrible news.
28. The book is the second(A) of a series(B) and has enjoyed immense success abroad.
29. The well___known opera singer___whose ego was as big as her voice___refused to sing at any venue that wasn't well___known among the opera crowd.
30. Our daughter has always been a bit rebellious(A) constantly thinking up ways to assert her independence(B) and stand out from the crowd.
31. Edwina found it very frustrating that Edward would only travel to English___speaking countries.
32. Ask the boss when this presentation is due___
33. Which sentence correctly uses parentheses and/or brackets.
34. Which sentence reflects the correct use of the mechanics of writing?
35. Homer's epic poem .... is taught in most American high schools.
36. The unexpected firing of several employees alerted the staff to the company's financial problems(A) and it led to an outbreak of panic(B) and fear.
37. Anyone(A) who has been inside that school lately(B) knows what terrible shape it's in(C) so I can understand why the parents are angry about the budget cuts.
38. The man at the gas station said, 'Stay on the highway for another eighty miles___ ___
39. There are several basic sentence structures writers can use to add variety to their writing___ among them are simple sentences, compound sentences, and complex sentences.
40. Have the Smiths decided to name their son Harold Smith, Jr._____
41. ..... not likely that the maple tree will lose all ..... leaves in August.
42. Gerald and Gerard___two of the most annoying people we've ever met___insisted on dropping by every Sunday morning at ten.
43. Which of the following sentences correctly uses double and/or single quotation marks?
44. The employee(A) who miscounted the change(B) refused to admit his mistake.
45. How does what ... studying fit in with ..... career goals?
46. This special history course will focus on four areas of visual, literary, and performing arts___ musical theater, sculpture, modern art, and poetry.
47. For the camping trip, the Girl Scouts brought___ three tents, an electric stove, and plenty of insect repellent.
48. She is definitely a woman .... perfectly capable of taking care of herself.
49. The isolated(A) tropical island offered tourists clean(B) white(C) sandy beaches, a peaceful atmosphere, and water sports galore.
50. .... ideas are equally valuable, so be sure to speak up at the meeting.
51. Richard's wife(A) Abigail(B) is an incredibly talented cook(C) and gardener.
52. No one had counted on Vladimir arriving so soon___ his sudden appearance threw a wrench into our plans___ and we had no idea how to extricate ourselves from the situation.
53. Which sentence is punctuated correctly?
54. Complete the following sentence by selecting the option that correctly uses double and/or single quotation marks. _________________ announced our host at the racetrack.
55. Sheila used to be the CEO(A) of a major financial company(B) but now she spends most of her time raising money for various charities.
56. The dahlias and lilacs at the south end of the garden are in full bloom___ in contrast, those at the north end have barely begun to form buds.
57. .... new dog has already terrorized every cat in the neighborhood.
58. Which sentence uses commas correctly.
59. Which sentence uses commas correctly.
60. Which sentence uses commas correctly?
61. Which sentence is punctuated correctly
62. Which sentence uses commas correctly,...
63. Which sentence correctly uses hyphens and/or dashes
64. Which sentence uses semi-colons and/or colons correctly
65. Which sentence correctly uses parentheses and/or brackets
66. Which sentence uses commas correctly
67. Which sentences uses semi-colons and/or colons correctly.
68. Which sentence is correctly punctuated
69. Which sentence correctly uses parentheses and/or brackets?
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved