1. Which sentence correctly uses parentheses and/or brackets?
2. Which sentence is correctly punctuated
3. Which sentences uses semi-colons and/or colons correctly.
4. Which sentence uses commas correctly
5. Which sentence correctly uses parentheses and/or brackets
6. Which sentence uses semi-colons and/or colons correctly
7. Which sentence correctly uses hyphens and/or dashes
8. Which sentence uses commas correctly,...
9. Which sentence is punctuated correctly
10. Which sentence uses commas correctly?
11. Which sentence uses commas correctly.
12. Which sentence uses commas correctly.
13. .... new dog has already terrorized every cat in the neighborhood.
14. The dahlias and lilacs at the south end of the garden are in full bloom___ in contrast, those at the north end have barely begun to form buds.
15. Sheila used to be the CEO(A) of a major financial company(B) but now she spends most of her time raising money for various charities.
16. Complete the following sentence by selecting the option that correctly uses double and/or single quotation marks. _________________ announced our host at the racetrack.
17. Which sentence is punctuated correctly?
18. No one had counted on Vladimir arriving so soon___ his sudden appearance threw a wrench into our plans___ and we had no idea how to extricate ourselves from the situation.
19. Richard's wife(A) Abigail(B) is an incredibly talented cook(C) and gardener.
20. .... ideas are equally valuable, so be sure to speak up at the meeting.
21. The isolated(A) tropical island offered tourists clean(B) white(C) sandy beaches, a peaceful atmosphere, and water sports galore.
22. She is definitely a woman .... perfectly capable of taking care of herself.
23. For the camping trip, the Girl Scouts brought___ three tents, an electric stove, and plenty of insect repellent.
24. This special history course will focus on four areas of visual, literary, and performing arts___ musical theater, sculpture, modern art, and poetry.
25. How does what ... studying fit in with ..... career goals?
26. The employee(A) who miscounted the change(B) refused to admit his mistake.
27. Which of the following sentences correctly uses double and/or single quotation marks?
28. Gerald and Gerard___two of the most annoying people we've ever met___insisted on dropping by every Sunday morning at ten.
29. ..... not likely that the maple tree will lose all ..... leaves in August.
30. Have the Smiths decided to name their son Harold Smith, Jr._____
31. There are several basic sentence structures writers can use to add variety to their writing___ among them are simple sentences, compound sentences, and complex sentences.
32. The man at the gas station said, 'Stay on the highway for another eighty miles___ ___
33. Anyone(A) who has been inside that school lately(B) knows what terrible shape it's in(C) so I can understand why the parents are angry about the budget cuts.
34. The unexpected firing of several employees alerted the staff to the company's financial problems(A) and it led to an outbreak of panic(B) and fear.
35. Homer's epic poem .... is taught in most American high schools.
36. Which sentence reflects the correct use of the mechanics of writing?
37. Which sentence correctly uses parentheses and/or brackets.
38. Ask the boss when this presentation is due___
39. Edwina found it very frustrating that Edward would only travel to English___speaking countries.
40. Our daughter has always been a bit rebellious(A) constantly thinking up ways to assert her independence(B) and stand out from the crowd.
41. The well___known opera singer___whose ego was as big as her voice___refused to sing at any venue that wasn't well___known among the opera crowd.
42. The book is the second(A) of a series(B) and has enjoyed immense success abroad.
43. The .... gathered the White House staff and delivered the terrible news.
44. I hope the crops take root and prosper this year(A) or else we'll be facing a hard winter(B) after the harvest.
45. Why is the .... locker room so much bigger than the .... locker room?
46. The so___called forensics expert offered biased testimony___testimony that may have cost the prosecution the trial.
47. Alison wondered, Alison wondered, 'Will the lemur bite me___ ___
48. That bad___tempered trade show organizer just demanded that we be at the center before eight o'clock to set___up our booth.
49. The biography I'm reading now says(A) that Marie Antoinette was(B) a marionette(c) whose strings were mainly pulled by her powerful mother
50. The solemn ceremony turned out to be a comedy of errors___ to begin with, the photographer slipped on spilled champagne and fell into the cake.
51. The manager asked if he could take an extra day off for the holiday___
52. The daisies were yellow(A) a color Daphne detested(B) and refused to accept.
53. Many students have failed that professor's exams___ the most common reason is that students can't stay awake through all those boring lectures.
54. Which sentence correctly uses parentheses and/or brackets?
55. This term paper is due tomorrow and I haven't even started yet___
56. Complete the following sentence by selecting the option that correctly uses double and/or single quotation marks. Whenever I started to whine that life was unfair, my father would say, ____________________
57. This pearl and emerald ring used to be my .... .
58. Our neighbors(A) are both helpful(B) to us when we need them(C) and genuinely friendly.
59. He lived for years on the West Coast but now resides in Washington, D.C._____
60. Which sentence is correctly punctuated?
61. Complete the following sentence by selecting the option that correctly uses double and/or single quotation marks. Has Albert finished reading that article _____________
62. Complete the following sentence by selecting the option that makes correct use of the mechanics of writing. How many years before Lincoln's ______________ was the ________________ signed?
63. We sat down to a delicious lunch at the crowded(A) open-air(B) restaurant.
64. How many times has she attempted to recreate Van Gogh's painting ..... ?
65. Which sentence uses commas correctly?
66. Which sentence correctly uses hyphens and/or dashes?
67. Indicate the punctuation needed in the blank spaces in the following sentence. i don't know where the brakes are hollered my sister as she zoomed past me in the dune buggy
68. One of Shakespeare's greatest comedies(A) Much Ado About Nothing(B) features the wonderful witty war between Beatrice and Benedick.
69. Doctor Graham and his partners just published a paper entitled 'Brand New You___Discovering Your True Talents Through Hypnotherapy.'
US English Sentence Structure
Content Writing Skills
Creative Writing Test (Non-fiction)
Online Article Writing and Blogging
US English Proofreading (Chicago Style)
UK English Proofreading (Oxford Style Guide)
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved