1. What is the single largest reason for the decline of existing organizations?
2. When leading effective change, which are the steps involved?
3. What is the fundamental task of management?
4. True or false? The best way to solve a problem is to cure the symptoms first.
5. Which behavior theory claims there is no best way to organize a corporation, lead a company, or make decisions?
6. When an employee is suspected of violating a policy,
7. Which is the process for settling labor disputes?
8. Mid-level managers consist of:
9. Referring to a direct report as a "Millennial," or a "Baby Boomer" is never appropriate in the workplace because it refers to the age of the person and could indicate an improper focus on age.
10. The 2 lowest (bottom) needs in Maslow's Hierarchy are
11. If a Catholic school would not hire a Jewish teacher for a position based on his religious belief:
12. Which of the following statements is NOT true regarding leaders and managers?
13. Union is to strike as Company is to __________.
14. Employees with high potential should not
15. Some of the key competencies for the HR manager would be:
16. What's the most important element of an effective goal set in a coaching conversation?
17. Which of the following is not a characteristic of a SMART goal?
18. If a manager chooses to try relationship-oriented management style as opposed to task-oriented (s)he will
19. Out of these four, the best approach to planning/management is
20. When conducting an employment interview, it is legal to inquire about:
21. Which of the following may not be included in a company's Annual Performance Appraisal processes?
22. Goals set for team members should be:
23. Which is the best way to leave off during an interview?
24. The values and behaviors that describe the unique social and psychological environment of an organization is its
25. An employee is spreading rumors about a co-worker. You should:
26. A risk of having a discrimination law suit can most likely occur when:
27. The company's SHAREHOLDERS are people who invested in this company, while its STAKEHOLDERS are all those affected by the company.
28. What is the best time of the year to give an employee a feedback?
29. Leadership is different from management in what way?
30. The company's STAKEHOLDERS are
31. When employee reports an incident such as harassment, it is important to notify:
32. When a new employee comes on board, which is not recommended?
33. Which best defines Employee Development?
34. During an interview, a candidate starts to tell you about the worst boss they ever had. You should:
35. You witness an employee say something inappropriate to another team member.
36. True or False : Most managers select employees according to the skills needed for the role, but great managers select people for their talent.
37. Which is a factor in building a team environment?
38. Which of the following is not an important consideration when holding team meetings?
39. Competency model is
40. A performance appraisal can be effective when:
41. Which may be considered discrimination?
42. Which is not a factor in increasing employee engagement?
43. What is the best way to get a group to buy into a great idea?
44. Micromanagement is:
45. In a meeting with an external client, one of your directs makes a negative comment about your internal processes. When is an appropriate time to give negative feedback to the employee?
46. Where is the proper place to discipline employee?
47. People management skills include the following...
48. The organization's MISSION statement
49. True or false? Effective listening skills is important for a manager to have.
50. How can you satisfy customers?
51. Which of the following is the best way to resolve employee conflicts?
52. It is important to thoroughly understand company policies, rules, and regulations as it pertains to your team.
53. Hiring a good fit for your company is not important. You can always mold them into being the employee you want them to be.
54. All of these are great inspirational leadership tools EXCEPT:
55. One of the cheapest ways to motivate team members may be:
56. Refusal to hire a person with a disability is AGAINST THE LAW if
57. According to Family and Medical Leave Act men are entitled to parental leave just as women are entitled to pregnancy leave.
58. If you do the morally right thing and report on your boss if you know he is involved in illegal practices, you RISK being known as a _____________ in the industry.
59. BENCHMARKING, as a business management technique, is
60. Which of the following value dimension has a focus that looks at the value of the self versus the group?
61. When managing others it is best to:
62. Productivity is measured by which factors?
63. What does not motivate employees?
64. It requires a degree to properly manage people.
65. Customer service rule #1, the consumer is always...
66. Name a feature of an organization's CULTURE:
67. Which is NOT the best solution when dealing with a performance concern?
68. What would be the best solution when terminating an employee?
69. A salary means...?
70. Before terminating an employee it is best to:
71. An Employee can best be viewed as:
72. True or False? Sexual Harassment is generally tolerated when it is viewed as a joke.
73. When recruiting for a new position, which statement is true?
74. A manager from another department tells you that your management style lacks originality. What should you do?
75. What would NOT be a competency for a team manager?
76. What do you do when your boss does not respond to an email you feel is important?
77. If the white-male-dominated finance company begins to hire women and people with diverse backgrounds for management positions, it's an effort to
78. When motivating your team it is best to:
79. Which is not a characteristic of a good Manager?
80. Motivation can only be achieved through compensation.
81. If your company takes pride in being an EOE, this means
82. True or false? Gossip in the workplace is common, and will not harm anyone or violate company policy.
83. Which is the best definition of Workplace Harassment?
84. You receive a customer complaint that one of your subordinates is being RUDE. You:
85. True or false? Infrequent communication can cause fear.
86. Two of your employees are arguing in front of a customer. What should you do?
87. Your team is upset due to a change in direction imposed by the business, you should...
88. When delegating work it is best to delegate to the:
89. True or false? It only takes one employee to destroy team dynamics and productivity.
90. True or false? Open communication does not promote trust.
91. Suppose there is a lot of attrition in your team. What would you do first?
92. True or false? As a supervisor, when assisting in an investigation, it is best to keep information confidential.
93. You encounter a customer who is loudly arguing and asking to see a manager. First thing you do:
94. When a staff member complains about something job related, you should...
95. An organization's "vision" is...
96. An employee is talking on the phone while looking up information in Google and taking notes. This is an example of
97. A direct report comes to you and says they are being sexually harassed by a member of senior management. You have heard rumors that this particular employee has been looking for ways to get paid time off and you suspect this is a ploy. What should you do?
98. A leader __________.
99. When there is tension amongst your team, which is a good solution?
100. Non-Exempt employees must be paid for hours worked overtime.
Human Resource Management
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved