1. Where can Nodes be found?
2. Once you have created a subclass of a valid plug-in interface, what must be provided to manage its instances?
3. Which of these tools allow you to add more geometry on an edge than a single polygon in an automatic manner?
4. When moving, scaling, or rotating a selection in Modeler, it will rotate around the "action center". There are four centers you can choose from, mouse, pivot, selection, and origin. What is the hotkey for Action Center: Origin?
5. In Layout, moving an object over another object and holding down a key will snap it to the pivot point of the object you currently do not have selected. What is that key?
6. True or False? When plugging a texture node into the base surface node, it disables the ability to change the layer input of the same attribute.
7. True or False? In order to use manually drawn bones, you have to have a weight map assigned to the object.
8. Which of the following is a Generic_ExportFBXCommand argument?
9. Subdividing a poly adds more geometry to existing object. What is the default hotkey?
10. Instances can be displayed in OpenGL as what?
11. In Modeler, what tool allows you to move a point or selection of points and connect it to another point, without changing the shape of the selected points?
12. When building a skeleton out of bones, and after activating the bones the geometry becomes twisted and deformed, what did you forget to do?
13. What three principles is the flocking algorithm based off of?
14. Which key opens the "Surface Name" panel – to rename the selected polygons?
15. This tool allows for fluid motion with particles which constantly chase a goal object.
16. True or False? Saving your scene in Layout will save texture information on your model.
17. What panel would you find the “Instancer” tab?
18. When creating a primitive in Modeler, what does the left and right arrows do?
19. In the node editor, the Carpaint node is considered a?
20. Lightwave allows 3 and 4 sided polygons to become subpatched in its standard mode. Which SubD type allows more than 4 sides to be subpatched?
21. In Modeler, you can quickly center your selection to 0,0,0 by pressing this hotkey.
22. In the lower right of Modelers interface are the letters W, T, M, C, and S. They stand for subpatch weight map, UV texture map, morph map, color vertex map, and?
23. Radiosity causes Lightwave to calculate light bounce and reflection off of objects in the scene. There are three types of radiosity algorithms you can choose from; backdrop, final gather, and?
24. In Layout, shift clicking on an object in VPR will do what?
25. What does Ngon light do?
26. What is the Lightwaves built in hair and fur tool called?
27. What animated scene would Lightwave's flocking algorithm be useful in displaying?
28. This checkbox in the display preferences shows you what will could be cut off after broadcasting the show. What is the check box called?
29. How many ServerTagInfo instances can be defined?
30. Boolean operations modify two pieces of existing geometry based on where they intersect. There are four types of booleans; intersect, add, subtract, and?
31. In Lightwave, there are 4 different types of UV textures. They are planar, cylindrical, spherical, and?
32. Modeler allows you to build a skeleton before bringing it into Layout. What is the tool called?
33. This view shows you each object and the tree of connections it has under it. What is that view called?
34. Endomorphs is a trait offered by which Interchange Tool?
35. In order to use the Heat Shrink tool, what does your object need?
36. After being used to create the digital sets on Avatar, Lightwave added the ability to use hand held devices to move the digital camera in real time. What is that feature called?
37. True or False? In order to render faster, Lightwave only renders what is in the cameras view.
38. What kind of imagery would Fracture be good at creating?
39. Is the Global Playback button overridden by individual Play settings?
40. How can you make your lighting more subtle in Unity?
41. Where can the Device Manager be found?
42. What does Edge Padding do?
43. Lightwave instancing clones one object to as many as you want/need. What is the benefit for using instancing versus actually cloning?
44. What does Autodesk's Maya do?
45. Because ServerRecord is constructed at the top level of the environment, what else is it considered?
46. What does “Mass Method” do?
47. What Workflow Enhancement can you use to align your model after working off the axis?
48. How do you access a node through your Texture Editor?
49. What key toggles between selection modes?
50. What is Python Scripting useful for in Lightwave?
51. What is the Control Booth for?
52. The new releases of Lightwave allows compatibility with which game engine?
53. What items are included in bullet's properties?
54. In Modeler, the hotkey "N" will bring up this dialogue box with useful information about the tools that you use.
55. The new VPR setting in Lightwave allows fast editing of surfaces and lighting. What does VPR stand for?
56. What are three primitives that have been added to the Geometry Group in Layout's Modeler Tools tab?
57. What does the Device Manager in Lightwave do?
58. Which is the move tool key?
59. What is Lightwave's flocking system based off of?
60. Where are lightmaps assigned?
61. IK is a function that allows bones to automatically bend at joints based on a goal objects position in the IK chain. What does IK stand for?
62. True or False? You can have multiple Instance Generators attached to an object.
63. Why should there be only one ServerRecord instance in your script?
64. To make your plug-in live, what must be defined?
65. To set the frames per second, what field do you adjust?
66. What bullet dynamic causes the item to slow down when it comes in contact with other items?
67. True or False? There are three ways to surface an object; nodes, layers, and a combination of the two.
68. Lightwaves built in tabs allow fast access to its various tools and settings. You will find the plugins, python scripting, and Lscripting in which tab?
69. When surfacing an object and test rendering the look, sometimes it can take a long time to render just to need to adjust and rerender. What function allows you to render only where you are making changes?
70. If you wanted to save your configuration settings, where would you save them?
71. If you have too many transparent objects in the scene, the render may not look as it should. What setting do you need to adjust if the transparency isn't rendering correctly?
72. What does the value, “Minimum Samples” do?
73. What is a ServerRecord?
74. The Exploded Parts toggle is used for what?
75. If when loading a scene, Lightwave prompts you for object and image location, what wasn't set correctly?
76. Can you edit Morph Maps with Zbrush?
77. Layout has three different coordinate systems for rotational and transformational purposes; world, parent, and what?
78. Which of the following is an Instanced Object?
79. What is new about sampling in Lightwave 11?
80. In Layout, what camera will give you a completely flat, straight on image?
81. Lightwave now provides a tool for almost instant animation rig set up. What is it called?
82. What is maximum render resolution for 32-bit versions of LightWave?
83. What does Fracture do?
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved