1. I'm thinking _____ a week off over Christmas. Check all that apply.
2. _____ when we meet at the restaurant.
3. Bob wants to speak English __.
4. Did you go to the movies __? (choose all that apply)
5. The following sentences use either the word 'then' or the word 'than.' Which sentence uses one of those words incorrectly?
6. How long __? (choose all that apply)
7. The president of the company and his employees ____ excited about the merger.
8. Choose the sentences that use the words 'loose' and 'lose' correctly.
9. The new contract will start __. Check all that apply.
10. Which sentences contains an error?
11. Coffee at home is not _____ coffee from the local bookstore.
12. My dog's best friend _____ a cat.
13. I'm reading a book about a man who _____ his wife because he was very jealous of her friends.
14. Janet ____ never late.
15. Which pair of words is missing from this sentence? Jessica to work, but Sarah prefers to the bus.
16. When you start working as a freelancer, it's important to make _____
17. If we hadn't wasted so much time dealing with problems, __. Select all that apply.
18. Please _____ Janice the address via email.
19. The movie was _____ than I expected.
20. Nancy came in the room with a wide __ on her face.
21. He asked me __. Select all that apply.
22. I _____ to Chicago last summer.
23. Which sentence is written correctly and makes sense?
24. He's been working as a freelancer for several years, so __ his own time.
25. We __ work very hard yesterday because it was a public holiday in most countries.
26. We _____to go today.
27. Michael, what _____ after work?
28. Jerome enjoys biking, hiking, and _____.
29. The guys _____ football every Sunday afternoon.
30. Choose which sentence has an error in capitalization.
31. going the conference.
32. She wore a black around her arm to symbolize .
33. The words 'your' and You're' are used in the following sentences. Choose the sentences where they are used incorrectly.
34. _____ were no elephants at the zoo.
35. Please bring _____ copies of your resume.
36. There is an error in word usage in one sentence. Which is it?
37. What _____ to you yesterday?
38. In the following sentence, which word is missing? I bought new red car yesterday.
39. In the following sentence, which word does not belong? I must to buy a new book.
40. My new boss _____ attend professional development meetings once a month. Select all that apply.
41. Which word is spelled correctly?
He the hospital his last to pay the bill.
43. The students ____ about the first day of school.
44. Which sentence is lacking a comma? (choose any that apply)
45. Sales figures have been _____ recently. Select all that apply.
46. He was _____ convinced that he had taken on the right person. Select all that apply.
47. Which word best fits into the blank in this sentence? Who is he waiting _____?
48. Which of the word choices would best fit into the blank in the following sentence? That package is _____ gift.
49. The painting _____ like a maze. (check all that apply)
50. Choose the sentences that are fragments or not complete sentences. Choose all that apply.
51. Mary _____omelettes in the morning.
52. Choose the sentences that use the words that, which, and who correctly. Choose all that apply.
53. Which of the words would make sense in the blank of the following sentence? The actress seemed to ___ from her quiet shell as she worked through the scene.
54. Which word best fits into the blank in the sentence? The old man climbed down from the ladder and stood back to look at his work. He wasn't young anymore but he still had what it took! He felt _____.
55. Onions, potatoes, celery, and green beans are all _____.
56. Which word means the same as the word 'accomplished' in the following sentence? The team practiced and became accomplished in their skills.
57. The cashier will give you a __ in case you need to bring the dress back.
58. Congratulations! That's ____ news Tommy!
59. The company was keen to hire him because of his _____ experience.
60. Jack is sitting ____ Michael and me.
61. Which word is a name for a person who takes photos? Choose only one.
62. They decided to work over the weekend to _____ lost time.
63. Which word is the opposite of elevate?
64. Sometimes language is not very logical, so you have to learn it _____.
65. Your coworker liked your project but said it was unorthodox. Which of the following words could be a synonym for unorthodox?
66. The dress is really cheap. What a great ____!
67. Choose the word that best fits into the blank in the following sentence. I watched as my son _____ his money on toys and candy, and knew he would not have enough to attend summer camp.
68. If someone asks you to 'give it a shot,' what does he want you to do?
69. What does it mean if a man is 'rolling in the dough?'
70. If your boss told you to minimize expenditures, what would he mean?
71. What does it mean when someone says you are 'barking up the wrong tree?'
72. One of the following sentences uses commas incorrectly or omits it where it should be. Choose that incorrect answer.
73. Sally went to the store and bought a _____ of bread.
74. The project must ___ by Friday.
75. ___ of the class did well on the test. They didn't understand the lesson.
76. Mary stopped at the crosswalk because the __ light was red.
77. Frank, please _____ me the book.
78. Can you _____ me a few dollars for lunch?
79. One of the following sentences uses commas incorrectly or omits it where it should be. Choose that incorrect answer. John won't __ what happened to him at work.
She is very pretty. Do ____?
81. The monsters, and the dark forest they live in, __.
82. Either place you decide to visit _____ for its own reasons.
83. Jim eats at the cafeteria most days, but ___.
84. Each of these sports cars ___ a powerful, well-built machine.
85. The people who believe the Earth is flat ___.
86. We played three games and __ every time!
87. I can do it if you ___ how it works.
88. ____ about what will happen during my surgery tomorrow.
89. He and his family _____ going on vacation soon.
90. He and his wife spent the weekend trying ___.
91. The news __ doing a special edition tonight about the election.
92. The committee _____ what nominee will get a vote on the floor of the Senate.
93. We have been working toward this for __.
94. I just finished this book and I like it __.
95. Everybody _____ what is happening at the concert hall tonight.
UK English Sentence Structure
Book Writing Skills
US Academic Writing
U.S. English Basic Skills
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved