1. The canterbury tales can be described as _____. select all that apply.
2. Judge danforth becomes more suspicious of john proctor when _____.
3. The canterbury tales were mostly written in ________ form.
4. In the poem "exile" by julia alvarez, the author and the speaker of the poem both fled __________.
5. In the final scene of fat pig, helen __________________.
6. In fat pig, carter describes his mother as ___________.
7. In dr. mitchells lecture, he calls __________ tragedy the most extreme form of tragedy?
8. In an irish airman foresees his death the speaker is motivated to join the war effort by ________
9. In addressing the west wind, shelley used the literary technique of _____.
10. In his poems, wordsworths principle object was to _____. select all that apply.
11. In the exposition of the poem "exile" by julia alvarez, the foreshadowing hints that __________.
12. In the exposition of "exile" by julia alvarez, we discover that the __________.
13. In hard times, charles dickens uses names for all of the following reasons except _____.
14. In nectar in a sieve, rukmani's family belongs to the _____ caste.
15. The efforts of the womens christian temperance union eventually led to _____.
16. Pilgrim's progress is about a man _____.
17. The best prose style for a realistic novel is _____.
18. Wiesel feels that _____ is a worse emotion than hate or anger.
19. A poem or song that tells the story of a hero's adventure is called a(n) ____?
20. Tone in literary nonfiction refers to __________.
21. _____ characterized the work of the pre-raphaelite brotherhood.
22. Based on the context of the poem, the family in the display window at macy's symbolizes __________.
23. The structure of the poem tattoo by gregg shapiro can be described best as __________.
24. Tattoo by gregg shapiro is a __________ take on __________.
25. Hamlets interaction with _____ provides some comic relief in act v, scene ii.
26. Hamlet acts similarly to claudius in the way he treats _____.
27. The narrator of the frame story in "the celebrated jumping frog of calaveras county" is _____.
28. Chopin uses irony to show _____.
29. The underlying meaning, or universal truth, found in a story is the storys __________.
30. The _______ definition of gloomy is dismal or depressing.
31. The purpose of a dewey decimal brainstorm is to _____.
32. A kenning for the word sun might be _____
33. The narrator opens the prologue with a tribute to _____.
34. Research suggests that subjective well-being is fostered by keeping a(n) ________ journal.
35. Elizabeth barrett browning is best known for her _____.
36. The hunter snuck up on the ____
37. World literature texts reveal information about the particular ______________ from which they come.
38. World literature texts come from a variety of ___________.
39. The subtext of their eyes were watching god is revealed through the use of _____.
40. The originator of transformational grammar was _____.
41. In a shakespearean sonnet, the first quatrain is usually composed of _____.
42. According to aristotle, thought is the __________.
43. According to aristotle, the events of a tragedy are connected through __________.
44. According to aristotle, the arrangement of the incidents refers to __________.
45. Ta-nehisi coates is known for ______.
46. Literary works like equianos autobiography were helpful in promoting _____.
47. Greek tragedy grew out of festivals honoring __________.
48. Coherence in a nonfiction writing means that it _____
49. Chinua achebe is considered by some to be __________.
50. Freud proposed that the __________ acts as a moral code or conscience.
51. An in-text citation is ________________________________________.
52. The ________ is the entire interwoven mass of one multicellular fungal organism.
53. This version of grendel is more ________ than the version in john gardners novel.
54. A(n) __________ learner would benefit most from using all their senses in learning.
55. The three characteristics of a sonnet are: _____.
56. The narrator of the frame story in the canterbury tales is __________________.
57. Written communication involves the exchange of information between a sender and a ______.
58. When writing an effective essay, using credible information ________________ for the report.
59. When writing a compare/contrast essay, the first step is to ______________.
60. When revising for writers word choice, you should concentrate on _____.
61. Understanding the culture from which a story comes _______________.
62. The reading audience for the american crisis was mainly _____.
63. The purpose of williamss a key into the language of america was _____.
64. The purpose of the reporters formula is to _____.
65. The last video on greek tragedy makes an argument against aristotles idea of ___.
66. Shelley wanted the wind to _____. select all that apply.
67. According to aristotle, the goal of the tragic playwright is to __________.
68. The narrator joins the group of pilgrims as a result of _____.
69. Some consider chinua achebe the __________ of african literature.
70. The section of the sonnet that sets the theme is called the _____.
71. The witches dance wildly around their caldron in a ____ frenzy.
72. Oedipus speaks of _____ as seer and student of mysteries.
73. The narrators __________ voice is mainly due to the use of __________.
74. The victorian era's most prevalent contrast was between _____.
75. A narrator that uses ______________________ point of view could be nicknamed a
76. A literary work's theme can often be stated in a sentence as __________.
77. The poet who wrote "birches" was _____.
78. In the weighted point evaluation method, the product that is usually selected is the one with ____.
79. The greek term anagnorisis refers to the __________.
80. Creons tragic flaw is __________.
81. Pontificating is ________.
82. According to poe, there is a radical error in the __________.
83. A metagoal refers to _____.
84. When revising the overall structure of your essay, you should _____.
85. ?tone? refers to the __________.
86. The stage of plot that comes directly after exposition is called _____
87. All of these types of figurative language appear in the excerpt above except __________.
88. All of the following information should be researched before a job interview except _____.
89. Elements of tone include _____.
90. When editing your essay for verb tense, it is important to _____.
91. The written language used by the ________ is hieroglyphics.
92. The structure of "ballad of birmingham" by dudley randall is described best as __________.
93. The quality of making writing short and unified is called _____.
94. The greek term "peripeteia" refers to the __________.
95. One reason for making a new outline of your work while revising is to _____.
96. In autobiographical writing, the purpose of the exposition is to _____.
97. During the revising stage in the writing process, the author _____.
98. During the drafting stage of the writing process, you _____.
99. Archetypes are useful in literature because __________.
100. In a topical paragraph, each sentence should support the _____.
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved