1. Amor vincit omnia means _____ .
2. A high-high leader in the ohio state studies achieved the highest ratings with respect to ________.
3. A good leader will have followers who ______.
4. A ____________ outline is a detailed outline developed during the planning stage of a speech.
5. A ___________ speech shows the audience how to do something or how something operates.
6. A __________ graph is best suited for showing comparisons between two or more items.
7. A __________ graph is best suited for showing changes in statistics over time or space.
8. A ________ usually has a long life span and typically deals with regularly recurring tasks.
9. Assuming your cultural traits are superior to all others is _______________.
10. __________ gives people job freedom and power to influence affairs in an organization.
11. __________ falls somewhere between impromptu and written or memorized deliveries.
12. __________ are especially valuable for showing an audience statistical trends and patterns.
13. _________ studied the self-fulfilled person and identified _________ characteristics.
14. _________ points in an outline are of roughly equal importance and weight in the speech.
15. _____ reflects whether members possess adequate information about their own task responsibilities.
16. _____ refers to an adverse feeling or opinion formed without regard for the facts.
17. _____ questioning helps leaders tap into the expertise and ideas of followers.
18. _____ power is held by a manager who has control over the size of an employee's raise.
19. _____ leadership is about creating better interpersonal processes for finding solutions.
20. _____ leadership invites colleagues at the same level to solve problems together.
21. _____ is the withholding of information about organizational problems or issues by employees.
22. _____ is a two-way process in which the communicator communicates with superiors and subordinates.
23. _____ involves delivering a specific message to an in-person audience.
24. _____ claims that leaders form unique relationships with followers through social interactions.
25. A color that is almost gray has a low chroma, or __________.
26. ____ journalism caters to specialized interests of news consumers.
27. As a service provider, the key element in making your customer interactions successful is____
28. The valedictorian speech should have ___________ points.
29. To achieve clarity in writing, use ______.
30. A(n) _____ organization is one in which no barriers to information flow exist.
31. Wondra believed that _____________ is (are) what makes a successful employee.
32. When your general purpose is to ____________, you act as a teacher or lecturer.
33. When you are selecting evidence to support your speech claims, you should make sure that _______
34. When writing for multilingual audiences, you should __________.
35. When writing a compare/contrast essay, the _____________ helps you create a focused argument.
36. When using testimony, it is important to ____.
37. When the media chooses a particular slant, we say it is _____ the issue.
38. When researching your topic, you want information that has currency. this means ____
39. When listeners assign meaning and make sense of what they heard, they have _____ the message.
40. When faced with the prospect of speaking anxiety, it is important to remember _____.
41. When communicating, senders use __________ to verify that their meaning has been understood.
42. When appropriately adapting messages to others, principle five suggests that you _____.
43. When an issue commands the media's attention, we say it is on the _____.
44. When a tv show or film incorporates the product into the storyline they are engaging in __________.
45. When a painters oil paint becomes too thick, he has to thin it with a __________.
46. When a leader is resolving disputes, he or she is engaging in ________ behaviors.
47. Walther's sip theory describes ___________________ through computer-mediated communication.
48. Visionary leaders are leaders who guide by ________.
49. Using the term firefighter rather than fireman is an example of ____________ language.
50. Using acronyms online such as ilysm or oomp demonstrates ____________.
51. Tweeting and blogging are ______.
52. Today, the basic management functions include ________.
53. To produce a control break report, the records must be arranged, or sorted, in _____.
54. To help avoid the dangers of charisma, leaders should reduce _______
55. To generate ideas for topics, use word association; it's a kind of ___________ technique.
56. To create change, transformational leaders ______________.
57. To be effective, business messages should __________.
58. The village voice and the now-defunct berkeley barb are examples of the _____ press.
59. The vietnam war initiated the growth of ________ journalism.
60. The transfer of both information and meaning between senders and receivers is known as __________.
61. The study of how language is actually used in particular contexts is known as _____.
62. The statement "young men are reckless" reflects a(n) _____.
63. The servant leader shows commitment to people through _______, _______, and _______.
64. The receiver _____ the symbols to interpret the meaning of the message.
65. The primary emphasis of supportive communication is to avoid __________.
66. The most important concern of criminal justice agencies is on ________ and _______ issues.
67. The most effective communicators speak at a rate of _______ words per minute.
68. The more impersonal the interaction between people, the more likely they will __________.
69. The message transfer model of communication portrays human communication as a ________ process.
70. The media's horse-race coverage of political campaigns focuses on __________.
71. The leader-participation model focuses on ________.
72. The leader who stimulates high standards and champions dedication to vision is a _____ leader
73. The key to effective communication is ______.
74. The informal organizational network through which unofficial information flows is called _____.
75. The informal communication network in an organization is ________.
76. The indus people were _____.
77. The idea of complementarity is that we are attracted to people who _____.
78. The first sign that a relationship is coming apart is known as the ________________.
79. The ____________ is the longest and most important part of the speech.
80. The ________ amendment assures protection to both honest and dishonest speakers.
81. Snap judgments become particularly problematic when they are based on __________.
82. One of the barriers to effective listening is prejudgment. this refers to ________.
83. Of all leadership variables, _____ leadership is the one most universally endorsed across cultures.
84. Nonverbally, women __________ more than men.
85. Nonverbal signals can ________ a verbal message.
86. Nonverbal behavior that communicates liking and engenders feelings of pleasure is called _____.
87. Noise, distractions, and filters are all types of communication ______________.
88. Most business messages today aim for a(n) ________ tone.
89. Medical knowledge possessed by doctors results in their ______ power.
90. Media attention and emphasis are not given to _____ in election campaign coverage.
91. Managers with ________ skills have the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees.
92. Management training programs, mentoring programs, and coaching systems are examples of ________.
93. Leaders like jack ma lead for ______ by inspiring their employees and modeling desired behaviors.
94. Leaders having a(n) _____ conflict management style are highly assertive and not very cooperative.
95. Latin and old english syntax relied upon _____.
96. Keeping morale high and managing conflict is part of the ________ function.
97. A(n) _____________ is essentially a conversation in front of an audience.
98. According to aristotle, tragedy revolves around the tragic hero or heroines __________.
99. Generally, typical listeners retain _____ of what they hear.
100. Feeling ______ is one reason many people have anxiety about public speaking.
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved