Here on Quizack, we provide Accounts Receivable MCQs that are authentic and 100% accurate. Quizack experts have selected Accounts receivable multiple choice questions and answers after consulting best reference books and online tutorials. So these Accounts Receivable multiple choice questions are going to play a crucial part in your learning. Try our different practice option to evaluate your Accounts Receivable knowledge.
41. Henry Stores, Inc. had sales of $2,000,000 during December. Experience has shown that merchandise equaling 7% of the sales will be returned within 30 days and an additional 3% will be returned within 90 days. The returned merchandise is readily resalable. In addition, merchandise equaling 15% of the sales will be exchanged for merchandise of equal or greater value. What amount should the store report as net sales in its income statement for the month of December?
49. A firm receives cash for 30% of its sales with the remaining 70% being credit sales. Of the credit sales, 20% are collected in the month of the sale, 60% in the month following the sale, and 20% in the second month following the sale. The anticipated sales for January through April are $400,000, $500,000, $600,000, and $400,000 respectively. What will be the cash receipts in the month of April?
62. At the end of the fiscal year, before the accounts are adjusted, Account Receivable has a balance of $200,000 and Allowance for Doubtful Accounts has a credit balance of $2500. If the estimate of uncollectible accounts determined by aging the Receivables is $8500, the amount of uncollectible accounts expense will be:
75. A company recorded two sales of $20.000 and $30,000 on March 1, 2007 under the credit terms of 3/10, n/30. Payment for the $20,000 sale was received on March 10, 2007. Payment for the $30,000 sale was received on March 25, 2007.What would be the gross sales for the month of March? Gross method Net method
93. Athens Corp. sold 80% pro rata interest in a $2,000,000 note receivable to Sparta Company Ltd. for $1,920,000. The note was originally issued at its face amount. Future benefits and costs of servicing the note are immaterial. If the provisions of SFAS 140 are followed, the amount of gain or loss that the former should recognize on this transfer of a partial interest _________ .