Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. What is [...] called?
2. Choose the sentence with correct capitalisation:
3. My brother was in an accident a few years ago; he _____ have been badly injured, but came away without a scratch.
4. Chocolate cake was her favorite _____.
5. 'The battle was won' is an example of:
6. Correct abbreviation for three million pounds?
7. They ____ want to eat ______ vegetables.
8. It's preferable not to compare one employee's performance ____ another's.
9. The project at work is going ____, and that makes me feel ____.
10. 'The bird is __ the branch.'
11. 'The family went __ France last summer'
12. Is it ___ early for a pause?
13. The situation is complex: it has many ... .
14. Which is the past participle?
15. Which is an example of the passive voice?
16. Which shows correct use of parentheses?
17. _____ going to see ______ boyfriend tonight.
18. They .... students.
19. It's a very affordable shop, thanks to the ____ prices.
20. His actions will ... the result.
21. All of the following are prepositions EXCEPT:
22. ____ time for the government to flex ____ muscle.
23. 'He prepared for his wifes return.'
24. An adjective is:
25. Why is the active voice generally preferred to the passive voice in writing?
26. both the semicolon and the comma can be correctly used to separate items on a list.
27. A team specializing in explosives was called in to _____ the bomb.
28. 'I was just listening to a wonderful program on ____'
29. 'He refused to admit ____ any wrongdoing.' Which is the best answer?
30. Excellent point, he responded, thank you for speaking up.
31. The apostrophe is used for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
32. The ______ soldiers we have, the _____ I like our chances.
33. An example of a pronoun is:
34. It is never necessary to write 'the reason why is,' as opposed to 'the reason is.'
35. The car had a blown
36. If a statement is false, then it _____ be true.
37. The building is twelve _____ tall.
38. If the archers don't _____ their volley soon, the army will surely _____ the battle.
39. 'I don't like to dance, I don't like music' is an example of:
40. The ____ of the policy was ____ in solving the larger problem.
41. What is the rule for adding -s to a number (such as dozen, hundred, thousand, million, etc) when describing quantities?
42. A true gentleman, James was always ... about his great wealth.
43. 'He wasn't sure whether or not she would arrive on time.' Which part of this sentence is incorrect?
44. 'I decided to never see her again' is an example of:
45. There was blood everywhere: it was a _____ scene.
46. Where should a full stop be inserted in: 'If only Ms Smith had arrived sooner,' Dr Jones said
47. The ... complex of buildings was ... to navigate
48. The doctor's ... is next door to the room where the violinist goes to ...
49. When referring to divine figures in ancient Greece or Rome, which capitalisation is correct?
50. What is the general rule for writing numbers?
51. The demonstration was contemporary ___ the graduation ceremony.
52. London is the _____ of the UK, and the Pound Sterling is its _____.
53. 'Winged and feathered, I saw the raven' is an example of:
54. All of the following can be used to correct a run-on sentence EXCEPT:
55. The ... colours ... your eyes.
56. 'The citizen became vexed ___ the electoral process.'
57. 'The place was a mess; we decided to seek other accomodations.'
58. How many spaces can correctly follow a full stop?
59. Which is the proper use of 'hopefully'
60. 'After the weekend retreat, cohesion improved ____ group members.''
61. ... your homework can you play.
62. If you ... more trouble in the neighbourhood, don't let criminals escape. They ... caught and put behind bars.
63. Don't ... think you should tell ... boss that you did not write the report ... ?
64. He said, 'They had finished the work when I arrived.'
65. Which sentence is punctuated correctly?
66. Which sentence illustrates proper sentence structure?
67. Which sentence illustrates the proper use of commas?
68. Do you seriously like this weird T-shirt of yours?
69. Which sentence illustrates correct usage of articles and conjunctions?
70. This drink ... too sweet. Why ... so much sugar in it?
71. Which sentence does NOT illustrate correct verb and verb tense usage?
72. They said, 'We are enjoying the weather.'
73. Had I known this, .... .
74. He said, 'I will open the door.'
75. A nation ... to be great.
76. He said, 'I made a table.'
77. It's never too late to learn how to swim .... you may fall off a boat!
78. although she's a little shy, she's a wonderful person once you get to know her.
79. ... is the name of this movie, and .... actor is this?
80. Did you take up that job?
81. James spoke .... to the audience urging them to elect him chairman of the college. He knew he had a .... chance of winning the election.
82. I regret ... you names; I should not .... so.
83. Which sentence illustrates proper sentence structure?
84. Under that reason he's? for some impression Italian Spanish I the was he was
85. He said, 'I had been reading a newspaper when the light went off.'
86. I studied ... Oxford. Last week, I had an interview ... a programming position ... Google.
87. Bratislava is not .... big ... Budapest
88. Everything ... white because it .... .
89. Which sentence is punctuated correctly?
90. I will go to ... concert, but ... you go as well.
91. Although Barbara speaks ... and seems quite ... , she is the leading expert in her field.
92. .... musicians delivered .... rousing performance .... they had rehearsed often.
93. Do you know if Harlon ____________Japanese before moving to Japan?
94. Which sentence is NOT punctuated correctly?
95. about music its the I most film is love what this
96. Carol has said, 'I am responsible for this project'.
97. 'Sharon must go to the bank today', said Albert.
98. Your company name ? of What the is
99. Jeremy drove his motorcycle ... the bridge, ... the hill, and ... the diner before finally parking it ... two police cars.
100. Only after they had completed an exhaustive study ... how to adapt the technology to the needs of our company.
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved