Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. Which illustrate(s) correct verb and verb tense usage?
2. Although both did a good job in ..... contemporary pieces, the taller dancer showed more flair in ... .
3. Which sentence does NOT illustrate correct pronoun usage?
4. The helium-... balloon rose .... into the air; the villagers knew then that their .... leader was off on another mission.
5. The .... , .... odour was ..... coming from the chemistry lab up the street.
6. Although Marvin said he had hidden the keys .... the flower pot, we were unable to find them .... the dark. In the end, we waited for him at the coffee shop .... the corner.
7. The archaeologists were .... to discover such a ... and ..... ..... artefact at that mostly uncovered site.
8. While .... of our relatives live on the .... hill in the county, ..... of our friends live in the .... .... areas of the valley.
9. Which illustrates correct usage of articles and conjunctions?
10. Those who are not wise .... .
11. Which illustrates correct verb and verb tense usage?
12. Which illustrates proper sentence structure?
13. Julia, who is studying to be .... foreign correspondent, is currently doing ... internship in .... Middle East ... will return before the end of ..... year.
14. work . is always to brother willing not My
15. The excited children, who had run toward the loud ... .
16. Does Jack wear that furry hat often?
17. The deer ran quickly ... the trees, its hooves pounding .... the forest floor.
18. Will you be going to the company picnic this year?
19. Victor, who stole ... ideas and used them to make ... a millionaire, never once offered .... a word of thanks.
20. That house used to be ... , but ... have given it to ....
21. I placed my notes ... my desk and referred to them ... the meeting.
22. Which sentence illustrates correct usage of articles and conjunctions?
23. Jack, leaning casually .... the tree, watched as Sally walked slowly .... him.
24. Which does NOT illustrate correct verb and verb tense usage?
25. .... is the name of the opera, and .... role did you say Maria would play?
26. Whiskey, my pet squirrel, jumped ... my head and ... the windowsill.
27. Which sentence illustrates proper sentence structure?
28. Mr. Peach has sent his four children to Ivy League colleges .... he has sacrificed his health working day and night in that dusty factory.
29. Which sentence is NOT punctuated correctly?
30. Which sentence illustrates correct pronoun usage?
31. Did you see the show last night?
32. Of the two books, Sam's is definitely the .... ; however, even though Sandra's didn't turn out as .... as expected, she still did a __________ job of writing it.
33. Alison regrets .... you with her remarks; she never meant .... so.
34. Everyone ... too busy cooking and .... the campsite .... the family of bears .... from the woods.
35. Which sentence does NOT illustrate proper use of articles and conjunctions?
36. with can't phone . on Whenever always to the time spend I speak I my friend , him
37. We were surprised when the ... parade ... turned into a ... party!
38. Although the issue was very serious, the committee disposed .... it in a few minutes and moved .... to other business.
39. Which sentence illustrates the proper use of parallel construction?
40. I think Pamela deserves to be punished for her ... stupid and ... behaviour.
41. It is easy to carry solid objects, but the same cannot be said of liquids. REWRITTEN SENTENCES:
42. After realising that our hosts hadn't actually invited ... to .... party, .... excused ... from the table and slipped out the back door.
43. 'I can meet you at noon', said Peter.
44. Did you hear the weather forecast for tomorrow?
45. last what ! it's did you night , over After
46. days . for last has good weather few The been the not
47. That tall man is carrying a lot of lumber.
48. 'It may snow tomorrow', he said.
49. Which sentence illustrates the proper use of commas?
50. I find it very hard to remember ... letters that are entrusted to me. In fact, I remember .... to do so scores of times!
51. This dish ... too spicy. Why .... so much pepper?
52. Don't .... think Larry should call .... wife if .... is going to be late for dinner?
53. Charlotte knew .... the secret investigation .... her past, but she closed her eyes to it and pretended it wasn't happening.
54. to sleep likes . midday Katie until at weekends
55. Which sentence illustrates the proper use of parallel construction?
56. Lilacs .... violets are usually purple, .... I have seen some .... are white.
57. ..... she was feeling ill, Teresa wanted to eat only .... apple .... some soup.
58. 'I will be moving soon', said Alma.
59. Rhonda says, 'I get to work early every day'.
60. Would I have it anything if had . I you known said would not bother
61. Which sentence is punctuated correctly?
62. Knowing that February was the ... month of the year, Cheryl planned her vacation ... .
63. Neither we ________ Sal, our neighbour, could understand ________ it had been our dog Rover or Sal's cat Mittens _________ had destroyed all the flower beds in the middle of _______ night.
64. Which sentence illustrates the proper use of apostrophes?
65. I think Fran could be ... great public speaker, ... she is still too shy to try it.
66. I'm not feeling well,' Agatha said.
67. Jerry said, 'I saw my cousin at the fair'.
68. If Harry .... to the party too early, don't let him in; he .... outside like everyone else.
69. Which sentence illustrates correct pronoun usage?
70. Only after they had completed an exhaustive study ... how to adapt the technology to the needs of our company.
71. Jeremy drove his motorcycle ... the bridge, ... the hill, and ... the diner before finally parking it ... two police cars.
72. Your company name ? of What the is
73. 'Sharon must go to the bank today', said Albert.
74. Carol has said, 'I am responsible for this project'.
75. about music its the I most film is love what this
76. Which sentence is NOT punctuated correctly?
77. Do you know if Harlon ____________Japanese before moving to Japan?
78. .... musicians delivered .... rousing performance .... they had rehearsed often.
79. Although Barbara speaks ... and seems quite ... , she is the leading expert in her field.
80. I will go to ... concert, but ... you go as well.
81. Which sentence is punctuated correctly?
82. Everything ... white because it .... .
83. Bratislava is not .... big ... Budapest
84. I studied ... Oxford. Last week, I had an interview ... a programming position ... Google.
85. He said, 'I had been reading a newspaper when the light went off.'
86. Under that reason he's? for some impression Italian Spanish I the was he was
87. Which sentence illustrates proper sentence structure?
88. I regret ... you names; I should not .... so.
89. James spoke .... to the audience urging them to elect him chairman of the college. He knew he had a .... chance of winning the election.
90. Did you take up that job?
91. ... is the name of this movie, and .... actor is this?
92. although she's a little shy, she's a wonderful person once you get to know her.
93. It's never too late to learn how to swim .... you may fall off a boat!
94. He said, 'I made a table.'
95. A nation ... to be great.
96. He said, 'I will open the door.'
97. Had I known this, .... .
98. They said, 'We are enjoying the weather.'
99. Which sentence does NOT illustrate correct verb and verb tense usage?
100. This drink ... too sweet. Why ... so much sugar in it?
Understanding differences in British and American English
US English Word Usage
UK English Grammar
US English Punctuation and Mechanics
US English Sentence Structure
Content Writing Skills
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved