Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. Where do the manual (man) pages for all commands reside in the File System Hierarchy (FSH)?
2. Which (free) linux distro is derived from RHEL
3. Which is not a valid priority in syslogd.conf?
4. To configure networking via a console GUI you can use:
5. How to show currently loaded kernel modules?
6. To find the version of redhat in use you can:
7. Which statements are true about a source RPM?
8. How would you create a disk dump in RedHat Linux?
9. what does the following command do? 'watch -n 1 du -hs /tmp/file'
10. What does the 'tcpdump' command do?
11. Using cat command, which option is used to print the line number?
12. How to find out memory usage:
13. To verify what state (run level) you are currently running in, you use:
14. You use samba to:
15. What is pNFS means?
16. The following entry appears in the /etc/crontab as follows: 30 4 * * 1 /bin/sh /home/Tom/rmcore 2>&1 /dev/null
17. Using scp to copy a file 'test_file' from your machine to the remote machine 'test_machine' to the /tmp directory, using the account 'test_user' on the remote machine, you do:
18. How would you find out the dependencies of RPM package?
19. To power down the system, you use:
20. Larry, working as root, needs to change the ownership of the file 'myfile' from 'james' to 'mary.' He should:
21. Which Standard does pNFS Stands for..
22. If you set your /etc/inittab file to have the default init entry to be 'init:3:default:', then your system default runlevel is:
23. What is the tee command?
24. 'xhost +' is a security problem because:
25. You configure an OpenSSH server in the file:
26. Which mode provides load balancing and fault tolerance in ethernet bonding ?
27. The user smith issued the egrep '^[[: upper:]]' words.txt command. What does this command do?
28. What is the purpose of the file /etc/updatedb.conf?
29. Identify the true statement about configure script.
30. If umask is 0022, what is the by default permission of a file?
31. For all filesystems listed in /etc/mtab, to display the total space allowed for a user or group, you use the command:
32. Which of the following are valid iptable chains?
33. Which command is used to kill a process gracefully?
34. Which of the following options is true of the entry below? /dev/cdrom /cd iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0
35. What command will free the page cache?
36. What is the default maximum number of open files a user can have by default?
37. You use the SUSPEND character to suspend an already running process. Which signal does it send to the process?
38. System-wide values used by user and group creation utilities such as useradd and usergroup are kept in the file:
39. When mounting a volume listed in 'fstab',
40. What file is used for 'HOSTNAME' configuration?
41. How to find out what packages are currently installed?
42. Which statement is true about the files and directories created inside the /project directory that have 2777 permissions?
43. The /projects directory is being shared by server1 with the share name datashare through samba. To access the shared directory as bob you issue the following command: smbclient //server1/datashare -U 'bob%foouser' What happens when you execute the command?
44. Which service lets you edit qcow2 images in Linux ?
45. The line '0 2 * * 1-5 tar cf /home/backp /home/projects' in a crontab will:
46. Which kernel parameter is used to reset root password in RHEL7
47. To change the system runlevels, you use:
48. How to kill user session?
49. What file will show you with what options kernel was started?
50. If you use 'shutdown now', it will:
51. To have 'grep' match only whole lines, you use:
52. If you are logged in to a regular user account, and it is necessary for you to log in as root and become a superuser, which should you use?
53. Which of the following is the most correct way to edit the current users crontab?
54. Which command will disable the ssh service at next boot?
55. Which of the following is the default RHEL window manager?
56. Which directory maintains the system logs for tasks performed on your system?
57. Which command do you use to count words or lines in a file?
58. Which of the following is the default FTP port number?
59. Which of the following do you use to edit your crontab file?
60. Which of the following is the main configuration file that GRUB reads when it is loaded?
61. Which of the following will occur when using the pwd command?
62. How do you change the password for the root account?
63. Which would be used to display all logical volumes?
64. Which switches (options) will route accept?
65. Where do you make changes to select the level of firewall protection?
66. Which of the following is the default highest runlevel?
67. Which command can you use to list the most CPU-intensive processes on your system?
68. In which file are user-encrypted passwords stored?
69. Which is the standard directory for temporary mount points or mounts for removable media(e.g. CD-ROM)?
70. Which of the following will allow you to copy the system log to the current directory?
71. Which of the following describes the command 'route'?
72. Which type of files are located at '/etc/rc.d/rc.d/' directories(where is the number of the runlevel)?
73. Which of the following is used to list users that are logged on?
74. Which command can be entered on reboot at the boot prompt if your /etc/inittab file becomes corrupted and it is necessary to start up your system while bypassing the inittab file, so you could edit the file to fix it?
75. If you want to set a samba share as read/write, which command should you add in /etc/samba/smb.conf?
76. Which of the following is the default I/O scheduler elevator?
77. How are scripts within a cron directory run?
78. In a file delimited by commas, which command will print the 3rd column of data?
79. Which command is used to check your current runlevel?
80. Which program can add a password for a group and is used to administer /etc/group and /etc/gshadow?
81. Which of the following will allow you to disable SSH root login?
82. Where do you configure an OpenSSH server?
83. Which of the following can be used to display IP routing table?
84. Which of the following is the permission of /etc/shadow?
85. Where do you look to check the list of shells installed on the system?
86. After extending LVM logical volume that has file system, which of the following should be done to extend file system?
87. When creating a new user account, unless otherwise specified, which directory's files are automatically copied to the home directory?
88. How would you find out the date and time of an rpm installation?
89. Which command is used to see the aging of a password?
90. Which of the following is used for partitioning disks?
91. Which command should you issue if you are in runlevel 5 and want to change to runlevel 3?
92. Which runlevel halts the system?
93. If you use multiple crontab files, which directory contains them?
94. During boot init program checks, from which file is the default runlevel?
95. Which command is used to open a remote ssh shell with the account test_account on the host test_host?
96. Which of the following is the default port for squid?
97. Which event will occur with the following command? 'shutdown -r now'
98. A normal user sends a print job to the default printer but later finds the print queue is big and decides to cancel the job. How would the user perform this task?
99. Which of the following filesystems uses journaling?
100. When you first add a user to the system, you must provide the user with a bare-bones version of their login, shell, and logout initialization files. Where are the default initialization files kept?
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved