Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. What firewall based technology would you use to create a secure tunnel connection from a corporate headquarters to a remote branch office?
2. The basic concept of a SYN flooding attack lies in the design of what handshake that begins a TCP connection?
3. What kind of firewall is the integrated Microsoft Windows firewall application?
4. Which of the following firewall's filtering process can be either Stateful, Stateless or both ?
5. Which of the following are the most common restrictions implemented in packet filtering firewalls?
6. Ports up to which of the following are called well-known ports?
7. Which particular firewall usually consists of two separate firewall devices?
8. What port do most DDOS DNS attacks occur on?
9. Zone Alarm is an example of which type of firewall?
10. True/False: Application proxy firewalls are faster than Stateful Packet Inspection firewalls.
11. When configuring a firewall to deny port 3389 to a RDP server that is to receive the SYN packet, what is the address?
12. When troubleshooting the flow of packets through a firewall, a datagram is called what at the network layer of the OSI model?
13. Which type of firewall involves firewall software installation directly on the user's system?
14. When packets are being processed by a hardware firewall, one of the several steps in processing the packets is an error-checking procedure that is performed in the trailer section of an IP Packet, this is called what?
15. Which of the following valid OSI layer are covered by packet filtering firewall operation ?
16. Which of the following is not a VALID basic criteria for rule in the firewall policy?
17. Which of the following is another term for a packet of digital information?
18. What main attributes are used at layer 4 of the OSI model to filter traffic on a firewall?
19. What types of firewalls are able to analyze the contents of packets and the IP headers for signs that the traffic is legitimate?
20. The practice of designing operational aspects of a system to work with a minimal amount of system privilege is called:
21. When referring to firewalls, what does SPI Stand for?
22. Which of the folllowing firewalls keeps track of the state of network connections ?
23. When designing a network that consists of a firewall, the firewall design needs to be "BLANK" so that it can grow with the network it protects.
24. You are a network administrator and you have been asked to add a deny all ICMP firewall stated that is sourced from the Internet; you add a deny all for ICMP, what common command would you use to test your newly added rule?
25. The Windows based program, ZoneAlarm is an example of a "BLANK" firewall?
26. When referring to firewall concepts, what are application level gateways?
27. What application controls what information is transmitted or received from an external source destined to a server, workstation, or computer that is based on a preset of rules and/or user preferences?
28. Some firewalls deploy a technology that allows monitoring of traffic in and out of a network and alerts network staff when suspicious traffic patterns occur.
29. Packets contain an 8-bit value that determines the maximum time the packet can remain the CPU, Memory, and Buffer circuits of a firewall before it is dropped or discarded, what is this called?
30. What is a host based firewall?
31. Which of the following firewalls keeps track of the connection state?
32. Which port does secure HTTP use?
33. What port does FTP use for the control port?
34. In an IP packet header, which of the following is the address of the computer or device that is to receive the packet?
35. You want to filter all traffic going to an internal web server from the Internet side of the firewall, what port will you filter on the firewall?
36. Which of the following firewalls works at the application level?
37. What device logically filters traffic at the edge of a computer network and the Internet?
38. Which of the following is TRUE?
39. Which of the following 8-bit values identifies the maximum time the packet can remain in the system before it is dropped?
40. What is a DMZ zone?
41. Which of the following is not a recognized generation of Firewall?
42. Which TCP port is used by Telnet?
43. FTP uses which of the following port as control port?
44. Your client asks you to create a rule for FTP access, what port(s) will you add on the firewall?
45. Your customer asks you to allow ALL hosts from the Internet to company's secure webserver (Secure HTTP), what port do you open on the firewall?
46. What is the primary purpose of a firewall?
47. Which of the following server creates a secure tunnel connection?
48. What happens when a packet arrives on an interface and a route exists in the local routing table and the firewall routes the packet back out the same interface the packet arrived on?
49. What it is called when a packet arrives at a firewall, gets analyzed and determines that no connection exists and the packet is dropped?
50. Which of the following firewall makes the filtering decision based on the media access control address of the source/destination of a packet ?
51. A stateful firewall maintains which of the following?
52. What specific chip design allows firewalls to accelerate packet processing to analyze and filter packets between an untrusted and trusted network?
53. What kind of firewall is the opensource IPtables firewall commonly found on Linux Distros?
54. What technology is used on firewalls that process stateful packet inspections at the hardware level and as close to the line rate as possible?
55. A Stateful Packet Inspection firewall maintains a "BLANK", which is also just a list of active connections.
56. What device should be the front line defense in your network?
57. Ports up to "BLANK" are considered well known ports.
58. Which particular generation firewall are stateless in nature ?
59. True/False: NAT is considered as a firewall technology.
60. A "BLANK" flowing through a firewall is another term for a packet of digital information.
61. Network-based firewalls and Host-based firewalls are valid categories of which of the following firewall ?
62. What do circuit layer Firewalls monitor?
63. Which of the following is not a VALID subset of packet filtering firewalls?
64. A dynamic or Stateful Packet Inspection firewall maintains active "BLANK" sessions and "BLANK" pseudo sessions.
65. Which of the following is not a VALID processing –mode category of firewalls?
66. What is a Cisco Access Control List (ACL) considered as?
67. Which of the following servers in the DMZ needs only list a limited number of public IP addresses?
68. Which of the following is a mechanism designed into operating system kernel ?
69. Which generation firewalls are stateful inspection firewalls?
70. Which of the following is FALSE about Circuit Gateways?
71. In an IP packet header, which of the following describes the length of the header in 32-bit words and is a 4-bit value?
72. What layer(s) does an SPI firewall generally operate at?
73. Which of the following can have different components of the firewall for different systems?
74. Which of the following host is sometimes called a dual-homed gateway or bastion host?
75. Which level proxy provides protection at the session layer of OSI?
76. Which of the following is not a vaild categorization of Firewall based on structure?
77. What layer of the OSI model do Circuit Layer Firewalls operate at?
78. Which of the following is not a vaild categorization of Firewall based on processing mode?
79. Which generation firewalls are either application-level firewalls or proxy servers?
80. Which of the following is an INVALID common architectural implementation of firewall?
81. Which of the following is helped by Logging?
82. Which of the protocols listed below will you scan at the Gateway to block the Spam Mails?
83. Which of the following are Encryption algorithms?
84. Digital Certificates are used for___________.
85. Which of the following tools can be used to monitor the Packets?
86. Which of the sources listed below are secured by Desktop Firewalls?
87. Port-Scanning tools helps the administrator in which of the following?
88. Which of the reasons listed below lead to common attacks?
89. Which of the following can lead to the denial of service attacks?
90. Which protocol is used by the DNS?
91. Which of the following are hash algorithms?
92. What is the mode of operation of Firewalls?
93. The______________ TCP flag can launch a DoS attack.
94. Which layer of the OSI model is used by Packet filtering?
95. What exactly is a DoS?
96. What exactly is spoofing?
97. Which of the following things should be kept in mind while troubleshooting the Firewall problems?
99. Over which of the following can a VPN be established?
100. What are the functions of a Desktop Firewall?
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved