Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. The purpose of a data warehouse is to ________.
2. A ________ is a data warehouse that is limited in scope.
3. A _____ is usually a smaller version of a data warehouse, used by a single department or function.
4. Which feature is required by OLAP application?
5. Which is not a purpose of Data Mining?
6. A data warehouse is a 'subject-oriented, integrated, time-variant, non-volatile collection of data in support of management'
7. The applications of Data Mining would not include:
8. In the Verification model of Data Mining, the emphasis is on which of the following?
9. Under OLAP terminology, slice and dice refers to:
10. Which is an architecture for OLAP?
11. Which is not associated with data warehousing?
12. Which Data Mining technique partitions the database so that each partition or group is similar according to some criteria or metric ?
13. A multidimensional cube records a set of data derived from:
14. Changing the view of the data to a greater level of detail is known as:
15. Which rule would be considered the central core of OLAP?
16. In a star schema, the central table which contains the individual facts being stored in the database is called a:
17. In the Discovery model of Data Mining, the emphasis is on which of the following?
18. The main objective of Data Mining is:
19. Metadata does not include:
20. The requirement that the datawarehouse RDBMS server must support hundreds and thousands of concurrent users while maintaining an acceptable query performance is known as:
21. Which type of data is most likely to be stored on some form of mass storage ?
22. The logical organisation of data in a database is called:
23. A means of extending the data accessible to the end user beyond that which is stored in the OLAP server is know as :
24. In which component of the enterprise is the data re-organised for analysis and information extracted from the data?
25. The movement of data from one environment to another is known as:
26. Changing the view of the data to a higher level of aggregation is known as:
27. SQL stands for:
28. The main impetus behind data warehousing was:
29. The data warehouse is typically a large database on a high performance SMP system. Here SMP stands for:
30. Given the following steps between raw data and extracted knowledge, arrange them in the correct order
31. Data Mining is also known as
32. The Metadata of the data warehouse should at least contain:
33. Which stage is concerned with the extraction of patterns from the data?
34. Data quality management refers to the fact that:
35. Which is not true regarding the process of Data Mining?
36. Which would be the only similarity between a datawarehouse and OLTP system?
37. Which statement is incorrect regarding Data Mining?
38. The modification of data as it is moved into the data warehouse is:
39. A datawarehouse should be able to implement advanced query functionality. This means :
40. Which technique of Data Mining involves developing mathematical structures with the ability to learn?
41. Which Data Mining function/technique is used to analyse a collection of records over a period of time?
42. A structure that stores multi-dimensional information, having one cell for each possible combination of dimensions is known as:
43. HOLAP stands for:
44. Which would not be an application of Data Mining in the banking field?
45. In a star schema, a table which contains data about one of the dimensions is called a:
46. ROLAP stands for:
47. Replication refers to the:
48. Normalization applied to the dimension tables of a star schema is known as:
49. A multi-dimensional data set is sparse if:
50. Data Volatility describes:
51. Which query would be correlated with a Data warehouse?
52. Granularity refers to the:
53. The main objects used by OLAP programs are:
54. The term OLAP was coined by:
55. Which techniqe can be used to improve query performance?
56. A slice is:
57. Which would not be considered as a variable affecting the design of an OLAP system?
58. Normalisation is:
59. OLAP queries can be characterised as on-line transactions that do not:
60. Which is the modes of OLAP?
61. All else being equal, which of the following elements of a single MDX WHERE clause will evaluate first?
62. A data warehouse is an ‘integrated’ collection of data because?
63. Which of the following is a required property of information passed to the Microsoft Sequence Clustering Algorithm?
64. Online extraction process falls under which type of data extraction method?
65. What property do Router Transformations and Filter Transformations have in common?
66. Where is the OLAP page pool stored in memory in an Oracle Database 10g and later?
67. Without deliberate security measures, which of the following MDX clauses is susceptible to injection attack?
68. What is a slice in the context of Amazon Redshift?
69. What are the following is not a requirement of First Normal Form?
70. Which of the following environments has more indexes?
71. What is true of querying normalized data in a relational database for the purposes of business analysis?
72. Which of the following is not an advisable implementation of division in MDX?
73. An ETL Joiner Transformation is performed on Source A with 10,000 rows and Source B with 25,000 rows. Which source should be the master?
74. Which of the following is not a valid context for the MDX From clause?
75. Which of the following is not TRUE about subject oriented characteristics of a data warehouse?
76. Which of the following is an appropriate method for mitigating the database explosion associated with sparse dimensions?
77. What is the principal disadvantage of Type 3 Slowly Changing Data management?
78. Which of the following is not a property of a perspective?
79. When is a column-based engine a more appropriate architecture for a Data Warehouse than a row-based engine?
80. Which of the following applies to Fact Tables?
81. Which of the following is the most appropriate data structure for indexing a MOLAP Cube?
82. Among the following, which is NOT the objective of clustering?
83. In order to populate the data warehouse, which of the following set of operations are appropriate?
84. Which of the following operations performs aggregation on a data cube by dimension reduction?
85. In a 3-tier architecture of the data warehouse, the OLAP engine is related to:
86. ‘ROLAP’ is preferred over ‘MOLAP’ in which of the following cases?
87. Which of the following is not a type of OLAP?
88. Which of following stages involve data update in the warehouse for every transaction performed on the source data?
89. Which of the following is a property of Data Warehouse data?
90. What Amazon Reshift compression encodings would be most appropriate for the columns (Date, City, Description), respectively?
91. In which of the data storing approaches does transaction data get partitioned into facts?
92. Which operation on a multidimensional database is most equivalent to a relational join?
93. Which of the following is true about 'Dice' operation?
94. Which of the following is true about multidimensional models?
95. Which of the following enviroments are in third normal form 3NF?
96. Which of the following can present summary data from an OLAP server?
97. What is an OLAP Cube?
98. Which of the following contains historical data?
99. Which of the following operation is performed by introducing new dimensions?
100. Which of the following environments has a higher amount of Joins
Enterprise Java Beans - EJB
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved