1. Is it better to present creative work (such as a non-fiction book) on a single Web page, or to spread it out over several pages?
2. A manuscript that has been edited and proofread, that includes all images, and that is about to be published is said to be in the __________________ stage.
3. What is 'personification'?
4. What is 'assonance'?
5. What does it mean if a play script is said to be 'unsolicited'?
6. What is a 'quatrain'?
7. How is a biography different from a memoir?
8. What is an 'indie' production company?
9. In screenplay writing, the abbreviation 'b.g.' stands for ____________ .
10. What does it mean if a screenplay is 'optioned' by a television or film production company?
11. What is a 'heroic couplet'?
12. In screenwriting, what does the abbreviation 'O.C.' stand for?
13. You can publish online the non-fiction work of another author as long as that work is out of copyright.
14. What is 'objective truth' as opposed to 'subjective truth'?
15. What is 'elision'?
16. How is the copyright of a fiction or non-fiction work typically divided up?
17. Which is crucial for maintaining a journal with some regularity?
18. In any creative endeavor, what is meant by the term 'development hell'?
19. In theatre terminology, a 'curtain call' is the moment when ______________ .
20. A college business paper would typically be considered an example of _______________ .
21. What is an 'epic poem'?
22. What is 'metonymy'?
23. What is 'rhetoric'?
24. In playwriting and theatre terminology, the term 'ad lib' (from the Latin ad libitum, meaning in accordance with desire) refers to _________________.
25. What is a 'pun'?
26. In the world of professional playwriting, which usually occurs before a play is mounted in a full production?
27. In terms of online creative writing courses, whichstatement is most reliable?
28. Which is the recommended length for a screenplay when submitting to production companies?
29. What is 'bias'?
30. Which is the closest definition of the expression 'high concept' as it is applied in the field of screenplay writing?
31. How long does it generally take, from manuscript submission to final publication, for a non-fiction book to pass through the full editorial process and off-set (not digital) printing process?
32. Which is NOT a movie genre?
33. What is 'free verse'?
34. What is an 'analogy'?
35. Which list contain title that are regarded as successful examples of sophisticated Hollywood screenplays?
36. In terms of theatre staff, who is the 'Artistic Director'?
37. Which is the main font and size used in the U.S. by both print publishers and the Hollywood film industry?
38. A/an ___________ is a short, traditional Japanese poem that contains three lines of five, seven, and five syllables respectively.
39. Why is it important to get the facts correct in non-fiction writing?
40. Which is NOT a type of personal journal writing?
41. Creative writing or blogging - especially when the format is interactive and allows comments or provides discussion rooms for readers to express their own views - is said to be a part of which of the following web generations?
42. What is 'falling meter'?
43. In a play script, what does the abbreviation 'V.O.' stand for?
44. A fiction writer cannot successfully write non-fiction as well.
45. Which list contain the name of people who are commonly regarded as great American playwrights?
46. Creating an impressive website on which to post creative work is more important than the quality of the creative work itself.
47. What does it mean to 'green-light' a project?
48. In terms of editorial work at a publishing house, which statement about fiction versu non-fiction is true?
49. In academic non-fiction, the ____________________ at the end of the book helps readers continue their study of the subject by directing them to similar works.
50. In all types of writing, the term 'the hook' refers to _____________.
51. What is a 'rhetorical question'?
52. In playwriting or screenwriting, what does the term 'slug line' refer to?
53. Which is usually required when submitting non-fiction to a literary agent or publishing editor?
54. In screenplay terminology, the abbreviations 'INT.' and 'EXT.' mean ____________ and ___________ respectively.
55. What is 'iambic pentameter'?
56. The Internet is a good source of famous works of literature and non-fiction, which are often available free in fully downloadable or full-text online formats.
57. When writing an authentic journal for private use or publication, which is a good idea?
58. The title page of a screenplay should contain which of the following?
59. When translated to the screen, a screenplay of 150 pages will generally run for how long?
60. Which best describes creative non-fiction?
61. Editors will take a professional blog seriously as an example of someone's writing skills, as long as the blog is regularly updated, clear, and relevant.
62. Which of the following best defines 'journal writing'?
63. Which consideration is most important when keeping a personal journal?
64. Among writing professionals, which of the following are well-known programs for creating and editing screenplays?
66. The phrase 'The tree's dark fingers reached out for him demonstrates' the use of which literary devices:
67. What is the primary purpose for writing a journal?
68. Which is a good technique for presenting your creative writing online?
69. Regarding the inclusion of creative expression in non-fiction writing, which statement is most true?
70. In theatre terminology, what does 'stage left' mean?
71. Making journal entries at a specific time of day can help a writer discipline him or herself to maintain a diary or journal with some regularity.
72. What is expressive writing (as opposed to expository or persuasive writing)?
73. If you want to write character blurbs for graphic novels, you must be an illustrator as well as a writer.
74. What is the greatest potential hazard of putting your creative writing online?
75. When staging a play, what does the abbreviation 'SPFX' stand for?
Online Article Writing and Blogging
US English Proofreading (Chicago Style)
UK English Proofreading (Oxford Style Guide)
US English Proofreading (AP Style)
AP Style Editing (US English)
Differences in British and American English
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved