1. A ________ is a logical interpretation of the facts and other information in a report.
2. In a mixed methods study, researchers should provide a definition and background for mixed methods approaches
3. Mixed method intervention design is a more advanced and rigorous mixed methods design.
4. Which design is focused on exploring the success of a program, policy, or intervention?
5. Which of the following is a challenge to mixed methods research design?
6. “Backyard research” involves studying environments and/or participants that are close to the researcher and may result in compromises.
7. Interviewing participants multiple times, rather than just once, is an example of triangulation in qualitative research.
8. What is the optimal number of questions for an interview protocol?
9. For a study exploring how kids engage in play at Montessori elementary school, which would be the most appropriate data collection method?
10. What is another name for validity in qualitative research?
11. Which philosophical assumptions are reflected in quantitative research designs?
12. Which sampling technique is most desirable in quantitative research?
13. Cronbach’s alpha values are a measure of validity in quantitative research.
14. SPSS, Atlas.ti, Stata, and SAS are popular statistical analysis computer programs.
15. The effect size describes the level of uncertainty around an observed score.
16. Demographic variables are often used as ______.
17. Order matters when developing mixed methods research questions and hypotheses.
18. The null hypothesis predicts there is a relationship between the variable and a significant difference between the groups.
19. When developing qualitative research questions, what is a limit for the number of associated subquestions?
20. A purpose statement appears at the end of the introduction.
21. Which of the following words is NOT synonymous with research purpose?
22. Which word implies a quantitative approach in a purpose statement?
23. A mixed method purpose statement must include a rationale for combining qualitative and quantitative data.
24. In a qualitative research proposal, it is appropriate to refer to both quantitative and qualitative studies for the review of literature.
25. Writing an introduction for a mixed methods study follows the social science deficiencies model.
26. No research has been conducted to explore metacognition in students with ADHD. Which broad topic might assist the researcher in locating literature to review related to the proposed study?
27. A research abstract should range from ______.
28. Which activity is an example of a “warm-up” period for scholarly writing?
29. It is important to set aside time where you can have a long block of time weekly to write and engage in research.
30. The review of literature should be integrated into an introduction section in qualitative research reports.
31. Which section should appear in the appendix of a qualitative proposal?
32. A moderating variable does not affect the strength of the relationship between an independent and dependent variable.
33. A visual diagram of research hypotheses must be included in quantitative reports.
34. A priori theoretical perspectives are used in both qualitative and quantitative studies.
35. Identify the possible mediating variable in a quantitative study exploring the effects of pre-college advising for high school seniors.
36. What is an alternate name for an independent variable?
37. The Chicago Manual of Style is the most popular style manual used in field of education and psychology.
38. Which type of literature varies the most in quality and should be lower in priority?
39. When abstracting a study, you should identify the methodological and technical strengths and weaknesses.
40. When abstracting a study, you should identify the methodological and technical strengths and weaknesses.
41. Definitions of terms appear in qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods proposals to ensure the researcher’s precision of meaning.
42. Postpositive research is also known as the scientific method.
43. Qualitative research develops theory, while quantitative research tests theory.
44. Qualitative research develops theory, while quantitative research tests theory.
45. Which of the following is the main focus of constructivism?
46. A researcher’s background, ideas, and experiences become central to the research process in both qualitative and quantitative research.
47. Which of the following represents a quantitative research design?
Special Education (Students With Special Needs)
Teaching and Learning Research
Educational Methods(Improving Schools & Educators)
Research Methods (Qualitative)
Research (Practicle, Real-World)
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved