1. Measurement of power for radiation of antenna used in US
2. Also called a fixed reader - Mounted on a wall - portal - or some suitable structure in the read zone. Readers not generally very tolerant of harsh environmental conditions - therefore if installed outdoors or on moving objects - take care to ruggedi
3. Smart cards - smart label - etc.
4. Mount the tiny chip to a strap - Greater handling ability - Possibility to use very small chips - Possibility of higher volume production - Fluidic Self Assembly
5. Determines the read zone of a reader - Also called an antenna pattern - 3D region shaped somewhat like an ellipsoid or a balloon projecting out the front of the antenna. Never uniformly shaped like an ellipsoid but almost always contains deformities
6. Type of stationary reader that can print a bar code and create (i.e. write) an RFID tag on a smart label in an integrated operation - Reads the smart label tag that it has just written to validate the write operation. If the validation fails - it rej
7. One of the most versatile actuators. Widely used in manufacturing plants. They enable a variety of actions to be performed (such as monitoring and controlling a product packaging line - or applying a predetermined amount of torque to nuts in a mechan
8. IC Chip - Antenna/Inductor - Power Source
9. In this this antenna type - the RF waves emanate in a linear pattern from the antenna. Waves have only one energy field
10. A mechanical device for controlling or moving objects - A programmable logic controller (PLC) - robot arm - mechanical arm - etc.
11. Readability of a tag greatly depends on this and the angle at which the tag is presented to the reader
12. The orientation of the transmitted electromagnetic field or the direction of oscillation of electromagnetically emitted waves
13. Image "burned" into photopolymer layer. All copper removed except where image was burned. Copper antenna goes through additional processes to protect from oxidation
14. An electronic signal or indicator - Audible alarms - strobes - light stacks - etc.
15. Die-cut web adhesive - paper face
16. When two waves (out of phase) impose on each other and the original signal is cancelled. Nulls are created s a result
17. Broadcasts the reader transmitter's RF signal into its surroundings and receives tag responses on the reader's behalf. Therefore - proper positioning of these (NOT THE READERS) is essential for good read accuracy
18. This type of antenna is largely unaffected by tag orientation - Preferred in system that uses high UHF or microwave frequencies in an operating environment where there is a high degree of RF reflectance (due to presence of metals and so forth)
19. RF energy radiates from antenna in linear fashion - Provide longest range - Sensitive to the orientation of tag - Has single E-field component - Can have a narrow beam pattern - Best for application with known tag orientation
20. Reader that can operate in different frequencies or can use different tag-to-reader communication protocols (generally stationary)
21. Frequencies between 30-300 KHz - Generally use passive tags - have low data-transfer rates from the tag to the reader - and are especially good if the operating environment contains metals - liquids - dirt - snow - or mud. Active tags also available
22. When two waves (in phase) impose on each other and enhance the original signal and give rise to protrusions
23. Divides time into discrete time intervals (slots) . A packet can only be transmitted at the beginning of a slot - reduces the collision duration.
24. Controls the internal functions under the command of the processor
25. Reader receives and executes commands from an application running on a host machine from a user using a vendor-supplied client to communicate with the reader. After reader fully executes the current command - it waits for the next. Reader can execute
26. Class= Functionality - - Class 0 -1 -2 -3 -4 & 5
27. Provides electrical power to other tag elements - Can harvest power from the signal received from the reader - Can have its own internal power source - Active - semi-passive and passive
28. 'Central nervous system' of entire RFID hardware system. Establishing communication with and control of this component is the most important task of any entity which seeks integration
29. Every time a tag is read - it is saved to this
30. Why ___________ is better: Cost of printed antennas varies between 24-44% of copper antennas - Printed antennas show 93-96% radiation efficiency compared to copper antennas...
Join our newsletter for the latest updates.
© Copyrights 2024 Quizack.com