Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. The use of _______stages (innovation, penetration, peak, decline, and adaptation) to explain how each of the mass media channels has evolved over time.
2. The way the digital media have fundamentally changed the mass media environment by offering experiences that the analog media could not and thereby forcing all of the analog media industries into a critical adaptation stage is known as the revolution pattern .
3. Life cycle pattern is a sequence of ______stages of development typically .
4. The third phase in the life cycle pattern of development of a mass medium; it is characterized by technological and marketing innovations is known as innovation
5. The second phase in the life cycle pattern of development of a mass medium in which it continues to attract larger numbers of audience members of all kinds are known as penetration
6. The sixth phase in the life cycle pattern of development of a mass medium in which the medium commands the most attention from the public and generates the most revenue compared to other media is known as Peak.
7. The fourth phase in the life cycle pattern of the development of a mass medium in which the medium loses audience members and revenue due competition from a newer medium that provides better messages or the same messages in a better way is known as decline .
8. _________ is the fifth and last phase in the life cycle pattern of the development of a mass medium in which the medium redefines itself in the media marketplace and provides different messages or services not provided by other media
9. ___________is an essential characteristic of the innovation stage in the development of a mass medium in which marketers attract new users to its medium and convince them that the new medium is a superior way for those users to access media messages.
10. _______ is a characteristic of the innovation stage in the development of a mass medium in which inventors develop a new form of transmitting information.
11. ________ is retail stores that people can physically (compared to virtually) visit in order to browse, touch the products (such as books, recordings, and DVDs), talk to live sales people, buy the products, and leave the store with the physical product
12. A global network of computers that uses standardized communication protocols in order to share information is known as internet
13. Digital Games are Platforms offering inexpensive experiences using electronic devices.
14. SNSs are Platforms for generally and businesses to create an identity on the internet and provide information to friends and the public about themselves.
15. Convergence is the gradual moving together over time of things that used to be separated; this is a powerful force on the mass media that has ______.
16. Technological Convergence is the way the digitization of information has broken down the new barriers that used to separate the analog media into similar channels of communication (such as print media, broadcast television, film, computers, etc.)
17. The recording, storage, and retrieval of information that relies on the physical properties of a medium; thus, a sound is recorded, stored, and retrieved in a different manner than is a photographic image is known as ______
18. The recording, storage, and retrieval of information that uses a common digital code that is dependent on the physical characteristics of any one medium is known as Digital Coding
19. __________ is using the advantages of technological convergence across channels of media to attract niche audiences for a particular message with as many platforms as possible
20. _______ is a programming principle in which a media company (especially television) tries to attract the largest audience possible by creating messages that will not offend anyone and thus appeal to the widest range of people possible
21. ________ is a strategy of identifying smaller niche audiences that have been ignored by other media companies
22. The breaking down of barriers between audiences and mass media organizations as well as the barriers separating audience members from one another due to geography or other social constraints are known as ________.
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved