1. The goal of 'Plant for the Planet' was to plant how many trees in a year?
2. A composting toilet is also a source for you to recycle table scraps and small pieces of organic trash from your home.
3. What method of recycling do people often forget about?
4. How many gallons of water are you washing down the sink if you leave the water running for 2 minutes while you brush your teeth?
5. If you have a lawnmower, what type is the best for the environment?
6. Greenhouse gasses are always bad.
7. How much beef is imported to the United States each year from Central America?
8. In the winter, if it's dry, you should water your lawn when?
9. For most of the world about how much of the water that comes in each home is literally washed down the drain?
10. About 10 percent of our energy use can be attributed to what?
11. Older toilets use how much water per flush?
12. What percentage of emissions through energy output is via homes?
13. As a result of Rachel Carson's book, 'Silent Spring', the Environmental Protection Agency was formed.
14. As early as the 1800s, the concept of the Greenhouse Effect was known.
15. What is the Kyoto Protocol?
16. Which organization has a calculator that allows you to figure out how much carbon dioxide you are releasing into the atmosphere?
17. Your refrigerator can account for how much energy used in your home?
18. If you were to switch from a regular Chevy Tahoe to a hybrid Tahoe, how many pounds of emissions would you save each year?
19. Which one use in our home requires more energy than any other?
20. A dishwasher older than 5 years old might use as much as ____ gallons of water with each wash.
21. A front-loading washing machine usually uses about how much water per load?
22. Keeping the door to your fridge open every day for a year is equivalent to what?
23. The Rachel Carson book, 'Silent Spring' argued against the spraying of what in the United States?
24. How many millions of gallons of gas are saved each year by people taking public transportation instead of driving?
25. An average bath takes how much water?
26. Running water for 6 minutes is equivalent to using a 60-watt light bulb for how long?
27. Since the 1970s, the temperature of the Earth's surface has risen by how much?
28. Many avid gardeners do what to save water?
29. Which book is often referred to as the one having the most worldwide influence on conservation?
30. Convection oven use ____ percent less energy than conventional ovens.
31. One of the best things you can do for the environment is to encourage other people to join you in Green efforts.
32. Americans use how much more water than they did 50 years ago?
33. Low flow toilets use about how much water per flush?
34. In the United States, televisions are left on stand-by for how many hours per day?
35. Each 40-foot long bus that is full of people is equivalent to _____ cars that are not on the road?
36. What would happen without the natural Greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere?
37. Experts have been taking about environmental collapse for how long?
38. Which is more energy efficient: a desktop or a laptop computer?
39. Low-energy lightbulbs can save you how many watts of energy per bulb?
40. You must have Starbucks, but those cups are bad for the environment. What do you do?
41. If you live in an area with average rainfall, you could theoretically collect how much rainwater in barrels?
42. Most of the damage we've done to the planet is reversible.
43. How much water can you save if you turn off the water when you brush your teeth for 2 minutes?
44. The largest man-made contributor to the Greenhouse Efect is what?
45. What percentage of the sun's heat is absorbed by the Earth?
46. The 'Chipko' movement in India gave rise the term 'tree huggers'.
47. With a Smart Meter, you can do what?
48. Which is better, paper or plastic?
49. Aside from saving a natural resource, why should you conserve water?
Design for Mobile Web Applications
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved