Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. When performing a payback analysis calculation, you should show all dollar amounts using the ____.
2. ___________ ensures that the network is operating as efficiently as possible.
3. ________ is a measure of how much it costs per year to keep one computer operating.
4. The feature of a network adapter that allows it to pick up all frames that pass over the network
5. The result of the CRC (cyclic redundancy check) generated by the originating node not matching the checksum calculated from the data received. It usually indicates noise or transmission problems on the LAN interface or cabling.
6. A United States federal regulation that requires telecommunications carriers and equipment manufacturers to provide for surveillance capabilities.
7. On a computer running a UNIX or Linux operating system - the record of monitored events - which can range in priority from 0 to 7 (where "0" indicates an emergency situation and "7" simply points to information that might help in debugging a problem)
8. In network troubleshooting - the person or group who initially fields requests for help from users.
9. Another term for the combination of devices known as a tone generator and a tone locator.
10. A collision that occurs when two or more stations are transmitting simultaneously.
11. A network management application's regular collection of data from managed devices.
12. A software program used to document technical problems and how they were resolved (also known as help desk software).
13. The process of identifying and tracking an organization's assets - such as hardware and software.
14. A document that lists every service and software package supported within an organization - plus the names of first- and second-level support contacts for those services or software packages.
15. A software package or hardware-based tool that can capture and analyze data on a network. It is more sophisticated than network monitoring tools - as they can typically interpret data up to Layer 7 of the OSI model.
16. An instrument that tests whether voltage (or light - in the case of fiberoptic cable) issued at one end of a cable can be detected at the opposite end of the cable.
17. The service on Windows-based operating systems that records events - or the ongoing record of such events.
18. The ongoing assessment of how well network links - devices - and components keep up with demands on them.
19. A graphical representation of a network's devices and connections. network management
20. A packet that is smaller than the medium's minimum packet size.
21. A database used in network management that contains a device's definitions of managed objects and their data.
22. A high-end instrument for testing the qualities of a cable. It works by issuing a signal on a cable and measuring the way in which the signal bounces back (or reflects)
23. A command-line utility that uses SNMP to poll devices - collects data in a log file - and then generates HTML-based views of the data.
24. The detection and signaling of device - link - or component faults.
25. Manipulating certain characteristics of packets - data streams - or connections to manage the type and amount of traffic traversing a network or interface at any moment.
26. A packet that exceeds the medium's maximum packet size. For example - any Ethernet packet that is larger than 1518 bytes.
27. An Application layer protocol in the TCP/ IP suite used to convey data regarding the status of managed devices on a network.
28. The local storage of frequently needed files that would otherwise be obtained from an external source.
29. A collision that takes place outside the normal window in which collisions are detected and redressed. IT usually caused by a defective station (such as a card - or transceiver) that is transmitting without first verifying line status or by failure t
30. A graphical representation of a network's wired infrastructure.
31. A software-based tool that monitors traffic on the network from a server or workstation attached to the network.
32. A significant patch to one of the Microsoft Windows operating systems.
33. In network troubleshooting - a person or group with deeper knowledge about a subject and to whom first-level support personnel escalate problems.
Comptia Network + Wireless
Comptia Network + Wireless NOS Voip
Comptia Network Fundamentals
Comptia Project + Project Management
Comptia Security +
Comptia Security +: Assessment And Risk Mgmt
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved