Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. You can use the Recovery Console to ____ and ____ drives. Repair a corrupted master boot record - Rebuild BOOT.INI files
2. The Recovery Console uses dozens of commands to display information and make changes. You can access a complete description of these commands and their syntax by typing ____ at the command prompt.
3. Before using recovery tools - try other methods to resolve the problem including booting using the ____ boot option (if the problem is keeping you from logging on).
4. The best way to use the ____ is to research your problem at the Microsoft Web site from another system - then print the exact instructions for performing recovery procedures.
5. Be aware when using a parallel installation that ____ will need to be migrated or reconfigured.
6. ERD/ASR only restores the ____; you will need to restore all user data following the ERD/ASR process.
7. You can start the restore from within Windows - or by booting to the installation disc. For ASR - press ____ when prompted during the initialization process to start the recovery process.
8. If you purchased your system from a major manufacturer - you might not have received a Windows installation disc. For recovery purposes - your system will instead have shipped with a ____ disc or recovery files on a special hard disk partition.
9. To run the Recovery Console - boot from the installation disc and choose the ____ option. On Windows 7/Vista - you will be given a menu of repair options; choose the command prompt option.
10. To create a parallel installation - add a second ____ drive to your system and install Windows on the new disk.
11. In a parallel installation situation - if the hard disk has multiple partitions - install Windows onto a different ____.
12. The recovery disc/partition process typically ____ the hard drive to perform the recovery.
13. The repair process 1) ____ and repairs the boot sector.
14. The restore process ____ (or erases) hard drives - destroying all existing data.
15. When using a restore point - system changes made since the restore point was taken are ____. Applications - device drivers - and patches will no longer be applied.
16. Any applications and user data files added since the system was shipped will be ____ when using the recovery disc/partition. If possible - back up any data accessible on the hard disk before performing the recovery.
17. Be aware when using a parallel installation that ____ will need to be reinstalled for the new installation.
18. With a ____ installation - you create a new installation of Windows on the same system - allowing you to boot to the new installation and with access to the existing hard disks and hardware in the system.
19. Be aware when using a parallel installation that if you can repair the original installation of Windows - you can ____ into either copy.
20. To create a parallel installation - install Windows to a different ____ on the existing hard drive (such as C:Windows2).
21. With Windows Vista/7 - the ____ option performs checks (and repairs) automatically.
22. To run the Recovery Console on Windows 2000/XP - install the Recovery Console by using the ____ /cmdcons command from the installation disc. The Recovery Console is then available during boot from the boot menu without using the installation disc.
23. You can use the ____ process included in Windows setup to automatically fix problems that keep Windows from booting. If you cannot boot into Windows normally using any other method - boot from the installation disc and repair the installation.
24. When you restore files from a backup - you restore the file as it existed when the backup was taken. For Windows Vista/7 - use the ____ tool. You can restore individual files or complete folders from the backup.
25. If Windows cannot start and you need access to user data quickly - it could be faster to move the existing hard disk to another ____ to provide immediate access to user files.
26. The repair process 3) compares the ____ for all Windows system files to make sure they match what's on the installation disc
27. Complete PC Restore in Windows Vista/7 restores all of the volumes you selected during the backup - including all ___ on those volumes. You cannot restore individual files from a complete PC backup.
28. You can use the Recovery Console to repair a corrupted master boot record and rebuild ____ files.
29. If you cannot boot normally - boot into ____ and start System Restore from there.
30. To restore a file to a previous version - edit the ____ and use the Previous Versions tab to select the version you want to restore.
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved