1. Resolutions with a W in the name are X____ resolutions with a 16:10 aspect ratio. In addition to these standard resolutions - you can also purchase monitors with the 16:9 aspect ratio used by HDTV content.
2. There are ____ to identify and possibly fix dead pixels on a monitor.
3. ____ panels offer the best contrast ratios of the display types - and are well suited for movies that require good contrast.
4. VA panels have ____ color reproduction and wider viewing angles than TN displays - but with slower response times and a higher cost.
5. ____ (1280 x 720 progressive scan) and ____ (1920 x 1080 with interlacing) identify displays that do not support full HD content - with both 720p and 1080i being comparable in quality.
6. LCD monitors often include features for HDTV support such as support for ____ to watch copy-protected content.
7. Most manufactures have started using a ____ measure of response time - which makes the response time faster than a white-to-black response time.
8. Common resolutions are often described using a naming standard - although these standards encompass much more than just resolution size. SXGA+ = ____ x ____.
9. S-video (separate-video - Y/C - or S-VHS) connections are present on many video cards and supply ____ - video-only TV output.
10. Increasingly - the difference between an LCD monitor and an HDTV is being blurred. You can purchase an HDTV that can also function as a monitor - or a monitor that can function TV. Resolutions used by HDTV are: ____ and ____.
11. The ____ identifies the angle at which the image can still be seen. With LCD monitors - the image will be dimmer and colors distorted when viewed from an angle. It is described with two numbers: horizontal angle and vertical angle - with a higher num
12. There are two methods of controlling the illumination of the phosphor - 2) an ____ consists of a screen of ultra thin vertical and horizontal wires. This configuration allows more electrons through resulting in a richer color display.
13. RT monitors use an electron beam that hits phosphor dots inside of a vacuum tube. While it is possible for a CRT monitor to have a digital connection - virtually all CRT monitors connect to the video card using a ____ (also called a D-sub) connector.
14. The magnetic field used for drawing the image on the screen can cause a buildup of magnetism on internal monitor components. This magnetic field can cause color distortions - especially around the edges. To correct this problem - use the ____ feature
15. The ____ indicates how quickly a pixel can go from black - to white - and back to black and is indicated milliseconds (ms).
16. LCD monitors often include features for HDTV support such as built-in speakers and audio-out to ____ speakers. LCD monitors often include features for HDTV support such as an HDTV tuner to allow you to watch TV and change channels when the monitor is
17. ____ and active matrix are additional terms that are often used to describe LCD monitors. Currently - all LDC displays are these kinds of displays.
18. A ____ connection on a video card provides digital output. These connections are rated as either single link or dual link.
19. It is common for ____ monitors to support a wide number of resolutions - but LCD monitors often have a____ (optimum) display resolution.
20. Because of how the ____ monitor works - portions of the display tube cannot be used for displaying the image.
21. Common resolutions are often described using a naming standard - although these standards encompass much more than just resolution size. SXGA = ____ x ____ (5:4 aspect ratio).
22. Dual link DVI-D can support 60 Hz up to ____ x ____ resolution.
23. If you watch HDTV content (DVD movies) on a 16:10 monitor - the display will either be stretched slightly or have black bars (areas without video content) on the top and bottom. If you want to optimize DVD viewing from your computer - consider pu
24. If you watch HDTV content (DVD movies) on a 16:10 monitor - the display will either be stretched slightly or have black bars (areas without video content) on the top and the bottom. If you want to optimize DVD viewing from your computer - consider pu
25. The smaller the dot pitch - the more room there is for____ resolutions and the ____ a picture may be.
26. There are currently two methods used for the backlight - 1) ____ that is currently the most common backlight source and require an inverter to provide AC power to the backlight.
27. The ____ indicates how quickly a pixel can go from black - to white - and back to black and is indicated in milliseconds (ms).
Comptia A +: Portable Computing
Comptia A +: System Protection
Comptia A +: System Recovery
Comptia A +: Windows Pre Installation
Comptia Network +
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved