Quizack provides Online Quiz and Practice MCQs for Free. Please disable your Ad-Blocker so we can earn from ads and keep this project alive.
1. Active voice is a sentence that places the subject in a position where it performs action in the _____.
2. The requirement that nouns and their pronouns be ______ in terms of singularity or plurality is called antecedent-pronoun agreement.
3. Cliche is an _____ statement that lacks imagination.
4. Contraction is a grammatical construct that uses an _____ to combine two words.
5. A structural deficiency in a sentence that results in a word or phrase that can be misapplied to the description of another word or phrase is called a dangling modifier.
6. Direct object is an element of the sentence that is acted____.
7. Cluster of words that fails to add information to a sentence is called _____.
8. Empty subject is an opening of a sentence that lacks value but takes up the ____.
9. Empty word is a _____ term that fails to add information to a sentence.
10. Gender neutral is a term that indicates that an item is neither ____ or _____.
11. Indirect object is the element of the sentence that is indirectly affected by the action of the verb.
12. Misplaced modifier is also known as a dangling modifier.
13. Noun is a simple subject of a sentence that explains ____ or ____ the sentence is about.
14. A form of sentence structure that places the subject of the sentence in a position in which it is receiving the action of the verb is known as ____.
15. Possessive is a grammatical construct that indicates ______.
16. A word that indicates geographic or temporal placement is called _____.
17. Prepositional phrase is a series of words that begins with a _____ and concludes with the object of a preposition.
18. In sentence diagramming a writer _____ dissects a sentence to assess its grammatical structure.
19. A grammatical construct in which the writer places words between “to” and the verb within an infinitive verb form is called split infinitive.
20. The simple predicate of a sentence that provides the ____ for the sentence is called a verb.
21. Writing the cleanest possible copy should matter a great deal to you because of all of the following EXCEPT ______.
22. You should write ______.
23. As you build each sentence, start ______.
24. Active voice writing is beneficial for all of the following reasons EXCEPT ______.
25. ______ will control the pace and flow of your writing.
26. ______ sentences pack a punch.
27. ______ is often the BEST way to help you determine if a sentence is too long or has construction issues.
28. Ten percent of the rules in the AP Stylebook cover 90% of style questions.
29. The Associated Press Stylebook serves as the primary source for standardization of content for newspapers, magazines, and websites.
30. Write quickly but edit slowly.
31. Clichés are good to use because everyone knows them.
32. Go through each sentence you write and try to insert words and phrases that add length whenever possible.
33. “First annual” is an example of a redundancy.
34. Possessives and contractions are pretty much the same thing.
35. Reduce the use of prepositions.
36. To avoid using qualifiers, you should do more research.
Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system.
Copyright © 2021 Quizack . © 2021 All rights reserved